We are recruiting on behalf of a practice in Whitstable, Kent for a Permanent Lead Veterinary Surgeon to join their team.
This role is full time for 40 hours per week, along with 1 in 2 weekends. There will be no OOH work or on-call duties.
Who are they looking for
- Ideally the vet will be canine biased
- A solid all round GP vet who is interested in growing the client base
- A proactive and ambitious vet who has a good level of medical and surgical skills with competence in routine cases
- A vet who is confident in sole charge work
- A vet committed to delivering a high standard of patient care
- Someone who is a team player
- Someone who is looking to develop their own area of special interest
- A vet who has excellent client facing skills
- A vet who will get stuck in and embrace all aspects of the role
- Type: Small animal
- Hours: Full time, 40 hours per week
- Weekends: 1 in 2 weekends
- Sole charge: Some
- OOH: None
- Branch work: None
- Computer system: RX Works
- Consultations: 15 minutes
- Team: 2 vets and 2 nurses
- Can provide a positive, happy and supportive working environment
- Offers further progression with post graduate qualifications supported
- Offers a good work-life balance
- Offers a wide range of modern veterinary services
- Supportive and friendly team and practice
- Offers funding for a certificate and supports areas of special interest
- Part of a large nationwide network of practices
- Fully equipped with state-of-the-art equipment
- Offers opportunity to expand clinical skill set and knowledge with the varied case load
- Practice provides clinical freedom for personal growth and development
- They offer care for physical and mental health wellbeing
- You will be competent in routine surgeries and consultations and be able to perform routine surgeries on your own
- You will be capable of sole charge work
- You will be comfortable with some sole charge responsibility
- You will have an approachable, empathetic, and caring attitude
- You will be passionate about all aspects of your veterinary work
- You will be happy to share knowledge and mentor others where required
- You will be able to establish good working relationships with clients and be confident in all consultations
- You will contribute to the practice with ideas enabling them to stay at the forefront of clinical thinking whilst also maintaining the ethos of providing a high standard of clinical care to all pets.
- You will have excellent interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to develop a great rapport with both clients and staff
- You will be a strong team player
- Ambition to pursue an area of special interest would be supported
The practice offers a wide range of modern veterinary services and facilities, including
- Emergency cover
- Operating theatres
- Digital X-ray
- Nurse clinics
- Isolation unit
- In-house laboratory
- Separate cat and dog wards
- Salary: Up to 60,000 per annum, dependant on experience
- Holidays: 20 days annual leave plus bank holidays, rising to 25 days after 2 years of service
- CPD: Generous allowance
- Memberships: Professional fees paid
- Workplace pension scheme
- Certificates encouraged and supported
- Exclusive colleague rewards including discounts with high street retailers and restaurants
- Staff bonus scheme
- Staff discount
RCVS registered and qualified or soon to be
Possess the right to work in the United Kingdom
Have excellent verbal and written communication skills
What happens next?
CLICK APPLY NOW or if you have any pre-application questions or if this role is not quite right for you, please contact the Vet Seekers team (details below) to discuss your veterinary career aspirations further.
Please quote job reference: 13677
T: 0333 014 7374
Please note: All communications and applications are treated in the strictest confidence. When it comes to your privacy, as an ethical veterinary recruiter we do not send your details anywhere without your permission.
Vet Seekers was established in 2016 and is a multi-award-winning specialist veterinary recruitment agency (2019, 2020, 2021) and acts as an employment business for the supply of locum and permanent staff for the veterinary industry across the UK and overseas.
Vet Seekers is fully compliant with GDPR, is ICO registered and our team are REC accredited. As a business, we take sustainability, environmental impact and our carbon footprint very seriously and have committed to plant trees for every permanent and locum veterinary superstar we find work for, as well as every referral we receive.
Refer: If this position is not for you but you know someone who could be interested, pass this advert on to them or ask them to get in contact with us. As a thank you, we will plant 50 trees on your behalf.
Search over 1,000 veterinary jobs here: https://tinyurl.com/Vet-Seekers
Thanks from the Vet Seekers team.
We are sorry but applications for this job have closed.