£35,000 - £50,000
Full time / Permanent
We are recruiting for a Permanent Lead Veterinary Surgeon to join a small animal practice close to Clissold Park North London.
This is a full-time role working 4 days per week with a 1:3 weekend rota.
The practice is fully equipped with a great local reputation. The lead Vet will be working with one other Vet. There is also the opportunity to collaborate with other highly experienced surgeons across the branches. It is a fully equipped practice with equipment including Ultrasound, Digital X-Ray, Tonomete, Bronchoscope, Endoscope, blood pressure machines, ECG, In House Lab and a full ex-lap kit.
The practices provide a high standard of clinical care and pride themselves on having staff members who stand apart from the rest and have a real passion and vision for how they work. They provide ongoing training and support to all team members through dedicated training centres. All staff also benefit from the access to the best diagnostic equipment such as MRI machines and CT scanners and state of the art operating theatres in the nearest animal hospital.
The role involves all aspects of Veterinary work and in addition to daily duties the Lead Vet will be responsible for leading and managing a team. They will be ambitious and motivated to develop and drive the practice forward and increase client base. Excellent standards of veterinary care to both patients and clients is expected and the Vet will share this ethos. There are also future partnership opportunities with this position where the Vet has the opportunity to own part of the practice.
They are looking for a Vet who is confident with routine surgery and consultations and confident with some sole charge work when required. They must have an empathetic attitude and be able to build strong working relationships with both clients and fellow team members. They must also be happy to provide support and share knowledge where applicable with team members and have excellent communication skills.
- Type: Small Animal
- Hours: Full time 39 hours per week
- Weekends: 1:3 weekends
- Sole Charge: Some
- OOH: None
- Branch work: None
- Computer System: Freedom
- Consultations: 15 Minutes
- Large nationwide group of practices and small animal Hospitals
- Large community of highly skilled Veterinary Professionals
- Committed, forward thinking and deliver clinical excellence
- Offers continual training with professional development along with a dedicated training centre
- Provides advanced Veterinary diagnostic equipment including MRI Machines and state of the art operating theatres
- Career progression opportunities available
- Provides continual ongoing training to ensure personal growth and development
- Provides state of the art diagnostic equipment
- Access to a wide variety of cases including more complex cases to ensure continual learning and development.
- You will have a minimum of 5 years' experience
- You will be ambitious and forward thinking and always looking at way that can develop the practice further
- Previous leadership experience would be advantageous
- A surgical bias is advantageous
- You will enjoy mentoring and coaching others
- You will have a calming approach when dealing with a busy practice environment
- You will be passionate and dedicated to providing excellent clinical care
- You will have excellent customer service and communication skills.
- You will have career aspirations to continually develop your clinical skill set and knowledge
- You will have areas of special interest that you would like to pursue
The practices are fully equipped with all the latest diagnostic equipment and there is a wide range of state-of-the-art services available including:
- Digital X-Ray
- Multiparameter Machine
- CT Imaging
- Keyhole Surgery
- Isolation wards
- Orthopaedic facilities
- 24hr care
- Salary: commensurate to experience
- Holiday allowance: 5 weeks plus bank holidays
- Workplace Pension Scheme
- CPD: 1,500 3 days to attend
- Access to a learning and development platform
- Vehicle or vehicle allowance
- Accommodation Allowance
- Access to employee assist programme
- Internal courses available ongoing
- Attendance bonus schemes
- Memberships: Paid memberships (RCVS, VDS and BVA)
- Exclusive company discounts and rewards scheme
RCVS Registered & Qualified or soon to be.
Possess the right to work in the United Kingdom.
Have excellent verbal / written communication skills
What happens next?
CLICK APPLY NOW or if you have any pre-application questions or if this role is not quite right for you, please contact the VS Team (details below) to discuss your veterinary career aspirations further.
Please quote job reference: 8709
T: 0333 014 7374
Please note: All communications and applications are treated in the strictest confidence. When it comes to your privacy, as an ethical veterinary recruiter we do not send your details anywhere without your permission.
Vet Seekers established in 2016 and are a Multi-Award Winning Specialist Veterinary Recruitment Agency (2019, 2020, 2021) and act as an employment business & an employment agency for the supply of locum and permanent staff for the veterinary industry across the UK and Overseas.
Vet Seekers is fully compliant with GDPR, is ICO registered along with our team being REC accredited. As a business Vet Seekers takes sustainability, environmental and carbon impact very seriously and have committed to plant trees for every permanent and locum veterinary superstar we find work for, as well as every referral we receive.
Refer: If this position is not for you but you know someone who may be interested, pass this advert on to them or ask them to get in contact with us. As a thank you we will plant 50 trees on your behalf.
Search over 1000 veterinary jobs here: https://tinyurl.com/Vet-Seekers
Thanks from all the Vet Seekers team.