£55,000 - £60,000 pro rata
Full time / Permanent
This is a modern surgery offering a range of veterinary services and facilities with state-of-the-art equipment. It has a large and varied case load and has a supportive friendly team. The practice comprises of 2 Vet, 4 RVN, 2 SVNs and support team.
The practice offers on site parking and is close to local amenities and major transport links.
About the role:
The practice requires a competent vet who is comfortable in both consults and surgeries and happy with the occasional sole charge work if required. The role will involve a mixture of consults and surgeries daily to maximise the veterinary skills to the full. The practice actively encourages areas of special interest and offers plenty of support. Support will also be available daily allowing the Vet to work up their cases to a high standard. You will need at least 5 years of experience working in a small animal practice.
This is a growing practice and aims to take on further vets over the next year. As a growing practice the position offers a career development opportunity with potential future partnership role.
- Type: Small Animal
- Hours: Monday - Friday, 40 hours per week
- Weekends: 1:4 weekend rota
- Sole Charge: None
- OOH: None
- Branch work: None
- Computer System: RX Works
- Consultations: 10 Minutes
- Team: 2 Vet 4 RVN 2 SVNs and support team
- State of the Art equipment
- Bright spacious air-conditioned practice with modern facilities
- Offers an exciting workload
- Offers a good work / life balance
- Offers clinical freedom and the ability to work up cases and see them through from start to finish.
- Offers opportunity to expand clinical skill set and knowledge
- Practice provides clinical freedom for personal growth and development
- Future prospect for partnership role
- You will have at least 5 years of experience working in a small animal practice
- You will be confident working sole charge
- You must have a strong work ethic and provide an excellent high standard of clinical service
- You will be competent in all areas of routine surgeries and medical cases
- You will want to contribute to the practice enabling them to stay at the forefront of clinical thinking whilst also maintaining the ethos of providing a high standard of clinical care to all pets.
- You will have excellent interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to develop a great rapport with both clients and staff.
- You will be a strong team player with career development aspirations
- Emergency cover
- Operating Theatre
- Digital X-Ray
- Isolation Unit
- In-house Laboratory
- Separate Dog and Cat ward
- Salary: 55,000 to 60,000 pro rata
- Holiday allowance: 224 Hours initial holiday which grows over service
- Workplace Pension Scheme
- CPD: Generous Allowance
- Certificates encouraged
- Future partner opportunity
- Healthcare Scheme
- Rewards: Exclusive colleague rewards including discounts with High Street retailers and restaurants
- Staff Bonus Scheme
- Memberships: Paid memberships (RCVS, VDS and BVA)
- Staff Discount
RCVS Registered & Qualified or soon to be.
Possess the right to work in the United Kingdom.
Have excellent verbal / written communication skills
What happens next?
CLICK APPLY NOW or if you have any pre-application questions or if this role is not quite right for you, please contact the VS Team (details below) to discuss your veterinary career aspirations further.
Please quote job reference: 8430
T: 0333 014 7374
Please note: All communications and applications are treated in the strictest confidence. When it comes to your privacy, as an ethical veterinary recruiter we do not send your details anywhere without your permission.
Vet Seekers established in 2016 and are a Multi-Award Winning Specialist Veterinary Recruitment Agency (2019, 2020, 2021) and act as an employment business & an employment agency for the supply of locum and permanent staff for the veterinary industry across the UK and Overseas.
Vet Seekers is fully compliant with GDPR, is ICO registered along with our team being REC accredited. As a business Vet Seekers takes sustainability, environmental and carbon impact very seriously and have committed to plant trees for every permanent and locum veterinary superstar we find work for, as well as every referral we receive.
Refer: If this position is not for you but you know someone who may be interested, pass this advert on to them or ask them to get in contact with us. As a thank you we will plant 50 trees on your behalf.
Search over 1000 veterinary jobs here: https://tinyurl.com/Vet-Seekers
Thanks from all the Vet Seekers team.