Up to £65,000 per annum
Full time / Permanent
We are recruiting on behalf of a practice in Leicester for a Permanent Lead Veterinary Surgeon.
The practice is looking for a surgeon who has 4 to 5 years of post graduate experience gained in a small animal practice, excellent communication skills in order to inform and support clients, competence in routine surgeries and the ability to create evidence-based treatment plans. You will also be willing to help the more junior team members; previous experience of this would be advantageous but not essential. Basic knowledge of exotics is also advantageous as the practice deals with many exotic pets.
The team consists of vets with specific interests, creating a versatile and collaborative team. One of the vets has a bias in orthopaedic surgery and the practice is keen to welcome any bias you have or want to pursue with their support.
The role is full time for 40 hours per week, along with 1 in 3 weekends. There will be no OOH work or on-call duties.
- Practice provides 15 minute consultations
- Dedicated surgery day
- Scheduled breaks
- Supports certificates and additional qualifications
- Type: Small Animal
- Hours: Full time, 40 hours per week
- Weekends: 1 in 3 weekends
- Sole Charge: On occasion
- OOH: None
- Branch work: None
- Computer System: RX Works
- Consultations: 15 Minutes
- Team: 7 Vets, 7 RVNs, 3 SVNs, 3 ACAs and a supportive nonclinical team
- RCVS accredited practice
- ISFM accredited cat friendly practice
- Provides a positive, happy and supportive working environment
- Offers further progression with possible Lead Vet role
- Offers a good work life balance
- Offers a wide range of modern veterinary services
- Supportive and friendly team & practice
- Offers flexible working hours
- Offers funding for a certificate and supports areas of special interest
- Part of a large nationwide network of practices
- Fully equipped with state-of-the-art equipment
- Offers opportunity to expand clinical skill set and knowledge with the varied case load
- Practice provides clinical freedom for personal growth and development
- They offer care for physical and mental health wellbeing
- You will be comfortable with routine surgeries
- You will have an approachable, empathetic, and caring attitude
- You will be passionate about all aspects of your Veterinary Work
- You will be happy to share knowledge and mentor others where required
- You will be able to establish good working relationships with clients and be confident in all consultations
- You will contribute to the practice with ideas enabling them to stay at the forefront of clinical thinking whilst also maintaining the ethos of providing a high standard of clinical care to all pets
- You will have excellent interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to develop a great rapport with both clients and staff
- You will be a strong team player
- Ambition to pursue an area of special interest would be supported
The practice offers a wide range of modern veterinary services and facilities including:
- Emergency cover
- Operating theatre
- CT scan
- Separate cat and dog wards
- Isolation unit
- Blood pressure monitor
- In-house laboratory
- Soft tissue
- Nurse clinic
- Hospital ward
- Fracture repair
- Ear surgery
- Cruciate surgery
- Salary: 35,000 to 50,000 per annum, Commensurate to experience
- Holiday allowance: 5 weeks holiday
- Contributory pension and life assurance
- CPD: Generous allowance
- Certificates encouraged and supported
- Private Medical Insurance
- Rewards: Exclusive colleague rewards including discounts with High Street retailers and restaurants
- Staff Bonus Scheme
- Memberships: All memberships paid (RCVS, VDS and BVA)
- Staff Discount
- Potential relocation package for the right candidate
- Childcare vouchers
RCVS Registered & Qualified or soon to be.
Possess the right to work in the United Kingdom.
Have excellent verbal / written communication skills
What happens next?
CLICK APPLY NOW or if you have any pre-application questions or if this role is not quite right for you, please contact the VS Team (details below) to discuss your veterinary career aspirations further.
Please quote job reference: 8294
T: 0333 014 7374
Please note: All communications and applications are treated in the strictest confidence. When it comes to your privacy, as an ethical veterinary recruiter we do not send your details anywhere without your permission.
Vet Seekers established in 2016 and are a Multi-Award-Winning Specialist Veterinary Recruitment Agency (2019, 2020, 2021) and act as an employment business & an employment agency for the supply of locum and permanent staff for the veterinary industry across the UK and Overseas.
Vet Seekers is fully compliant with GDPR, is ICO registered along with our team being REC accredited. As a business Vet Seekers takes sustainability, environmental and carbon impact very seriously and have committed to plant trees for every permanent and locum veterinary superstar we find work for, as well as every referral we receive.
Refer: If this position is not for you but you know someone who may be interested, pass this advert on to them or ask them to get in contact with us. As a thank you we will plant 50 trees on your behalf.
Search over 1000 veterinary jobs here: https://tinyurl.com/Vet-Seekers
Thanks from all the Vet Seekers team.