Up to £66,469 pro rata
Full time / Permanent
We are recruiting for a Permanent Lead Veterinary Surgeon to join a practice in Leicester. This is a full-time role working 39 hours per week with 4 days a week, plus a 1:3 half weekend or 1:6 full weekend rota. They are looking for a Lead Vet to grow the practice further and the position also offers future opportunities for branch partner role.
The practice provides a high standard of clinical care and pride themselves on having staff members who stand apart from the rest and have a real passion and vision for how they work. They provide ongoing training and support to all team members through dedicated training centres. All staff also benefit from the access to the best diagnostic equipment such as MRI machines and CT scanners and state of the art operating theatres in the state-of-the-art Animal Hospital.
About the role
The role involves all aspects of Vet work caring for patients and clients. The Vet will also be responsible for managing and leading the team. They will be motivated and driven and have ambition to develop the practice further. It is also essential that the Vet has the motivation to continue to develop their own clinical skills and knowledge.
The Vet will have a good level of small animal experience and be confident in some sole charge work when required. They will be confident in making sound clinical decisions. They will have excellent communication skills and client facing skills with a caring and empathetic attitude. They will be passionate about all areas of veterinary work and keen to share their knowledge and experience with fellow team members and ensure all members of the teams skills' are utilised to their full potential. The role does provide the Vet with opportunities to develop their clinical skill set and knowledge by working in varied teams and practices. Career progression is encouraged and there are future partnership opportunities for the right candidate.
- Type: Small Animal
- Hours: Full time
- Weekends: Yes, 1:3 or 1:6 weekend rota
- Sole Charge: Yes
- OOH: None
- Branch work: None
- Team: 3 Vets, 2 Nurses and non-clinical team
- Computer System: Freedom
- Consultations: 15 Minutes
- Large nationwide group of practices and small animal Hospitals
- Large community of highly skilled Veterinary Professionals
- Committed, forward thinking and deliver clinical excellence
- Offers continual training with professional development along with a dedicated training centre
- Provides advanced Veterinary diagnostic equipment including MRI Machines and state of the art operating theatres
- Career progression opportunities available
- Provides continual ongoing training to ensure personal growth and development
- Provides state of the art diagnostic equipment
- Access to a wide variety of cases including more complex cases to ensure continual learning and development.
- You will me want to be at the forefront of the practice and drive it forward and increase client base
- Previous leadership skills is advantageous
- You will be confident in sole charge work
- You will be confident in routine surgeries and consultations
- You will want to lead by example
- You will be passionate, motivated and driven and want to move the practice forward
- You will be ambitious and forward-thinking Veterinary Surgeon
- You will enjoy mentoring and coaching others and sharing knowledge and experience
- You will have a calming approach when dealing with a busy practice environment
- You will be passionate and dedicated to providing excellent clinical care
- You will have excellent customer service and communication skills.
- You will have career aspirations to continually develop your clinical skill set and knowledge
- You will have areas of special interest that you would like to pursue
The practices are fully equipped with all the latest diagnostic equipment and there is a wide range of state-of-the-art services available and with access to including:
- Digital X-Ray
- Multiparameter Machine
- Keyhole Surgery
- Isolation wards
- Orthopaedic facilities
- 24hr care
- Fleas, ticks and worming treatments
- Salary: Up to 66,469, commensurate to experience
- Holiday allowance: 5 weeks plus bank holidays
- Workplace Pension Scheme
- CPD: 1,500 3 days to attend
- Access to a learning and development platform
- Vehicle or vehicle allowance
- Accommodation Allowance
- Access to employee assist programme
- Internal courses available ongoing
- Attendance bonus schemes
- Memberships: Paid memberships (RCVS, VDS and BVA)
- Exclusive company discounts and rewards scheme
RCVS Registered & Qualified or soon to be.
Possess the right to work in the United Kingdom.
Have excellent verbal / written communication skills
What happens next?
CLICK APPLY NOW or if you have any pre-application questions or if this role is not quite right for you, please contact the VS Team (details below) to discuss your veterinary career aspirations further.
Please quote job reference: 7197
T: 0333 014 7374
Please note: All communications and applications are treated in the strictest confidence. When it comes to your privacy, as an ethical veterinary recruiter we do not send your details anywhere without your permission.
Vet Seekers established in 2016 and are a Multi-Award Winning Specialist Veterinary Recruitment Agency (2019, 2020, 2021) and act as an employment business & an employment agency for the supply of locum and permanent staff for the veterinary industry across the UK and Overseas.
Vet Seekers is fully compliant with GDPR, is ICO registered along with our team being REC accredited. As a business Vet Seekers takes sustainability, environmental and carbon impact very seriously and have committed to plant trees for every permanent and locum veterinary superstar we find work for, as well as every referral we receive.
Refer: If this position is not for you but you know someone who may be interested, pass this advert on to them or ask them to get in contact with us. As a thank you we will plant 50 trees on your behalf.
Search over 1000 veterinary jobs here: https://tinyurl.com/Vet-Seekers
Thanks from all the Vet Seekers team.