Up to £67,000 commensurate to experience
Full time / Permanent
We have an exciting new opportunity for a Lead Veterinary Surgeon to join a small animal practice in Bracknell Berkshire. The position is full time with a 1:3 half and 1:6 full weekend rota.
They are looking for a Vet who is confident clinically and someone who is looking for a role where they are able to take on more responsibility and lead a team of 2 Vets. The Vet will need to have excellent people skills and be able to build client relationships easily along with excellent communication skills. They will work to a high standard medically and surgically.
Benefits of the role:
The practices provide a high standard of clinical care and prides themselves on having staff members who stand apart from the rest and have a real passion and vision for how they work. They provide ongoing training and support to all team members through dedicated training centres. Support is provided by the regional director along with branches close by. Areas of special interest and post graduate studies are supported.
All staff and patients benefit from the access to the best diagnostic equipment such as MRI machines and CT scanners and state of the art operating theatres in their nearest 24hr animal hospital in Wokingham.
- Type: Small Animal
- Hours: Full time
- Weekends: 1:3 & 1:6 weekends
- Sole Charge: None
- OOH: None
- Branch work: None
- Team: 2 Vets 2 Nurses and 1 SVN
- Computer System: Freedom
- Consultations: 15 Minutes
- Large nationwide group of practices and small animal Hospitals
- Large community of highly skilled Veterinary Professionals
- Committed, forward thinking and deliver clinical excellence
- Offers continual training with professional development along with a dedicated training centre
- Provides advanced Veterinary diagnostic equipment including MRI Machines and state of the art operating theatres
- Career progression opportunities available
- Provides continual ongoing training to ensure personal growth and development
- Provides state of the art diagnostic equipment
- Access to a wide variety of cases including more complex cases to ensure continual learning and development.
- You will be a Vet who is clinically confident
- You will be looking to take on more responsibility within your next position and lead a team
- You will demonstrate leadership skills
- You will be a goal orientated Vet
- An interest in pursuing a certificate would be supported and encouraged
- You will be ambitious, driven, and forward-thinking Veterinary Surgeon
- You will set a positive working environment and lead by example
- You will enjoy mentoring and coaching others and sharing knowledge and experience
- You will have a calming approach when dealing with a busy practice environment
- You will be passionate and dedicated to providing excellent clinical care
- You will have excellent customer service and communication skills.
- You will have career aspirations to continually develop your clinical skill set and knowledge
- You will have areas of special interest that you would like to pursue
The practices are fully equipped with all the latest diagnostic equipment and there is a wide range of state-of-the-art services available and with access to including:
- Digital X-Ray
- Multiparameter Machine
- Keyhole Surgery
- Isolation wards
- CT Scanner
- Salary: up to 67,000 Commensurate to experience pro rata
- Holiday allowance: 5 weeks plus bank holidays pro rata
- Workplace Pension Scheme
- CPD: 1,500 3 days to attend
- Paid 4-week sabbatical after every five years of service
- Access to a learning and development platform
- Vehicle or vehicle allowance
- Accommodation Allowance
- Access to employee assist programme
- Internal courses available ongoing
- Attendance bonus schemes
- Memberships: Paid memberships (RCVS, VDS and BVA)
- Exclusive company discounts and rewards scheme
RCVS Registered & Qualified or soon to be.
Possess the right to work in the United Kingdom.
Have excellent verbal / written communication skills
What happens next?
CLICK APPLY NOW or if you have any pre-application questions or if this role is not quite right for you, please contact the VS Team (details below) to discuss your veterinary career aspirations further.
Please quote job reference: 8166
T: 0333 014 7374
Please note: All communications and applications are treated in the strictest confidence. When it comes to your privacy, as an ethical veterinary recruiter we do not send your details anywhere without your permission.
Vet Seekers established in 2016 and are a Multi-Award Winning Specialist Veterinary Recruitment Agency (2019, 2020, 2021) and act as an employment business & an employment agency for the supply of locum and permanent staff for the veterinary industry across the UK and Overseas.
Vet Seekers is fully compliant with GDPR, is ICO registered along with our team being REC accredited. As a business Vet Seekers takes sustainability, environmental and carbon impact very seriously and have committed to plant trees for every permanent and locum veterinary superstar we find work for, as well as every referral we receive.
Refer: If this position is not for you but you know someone who may be interested, pass this advert on to them or ask them to get in contact with us. As a thank you we will plant 50 trees on your behalf.
Search over 1000 veterinary jobs here: https://tinyurl.com/Vet-Seekers
Thanks from all the Vet Seekers team.