Permanent Lead Veterinary Surgeon - Addlestone, Surrey
- Are you a qualified and RCVS registered veterinary surgeon?
- Do you have leadership experience?
- Are you looking for a role with more responsibility?
We are recruiting for a Permanent Lead Veterinary Surgeon to join a practice in Addlestone, Surrey. This role is full time with weekends on a rota. There will be no OOH work or on-call duties.
This is a fantastic opportunity for either an experienced lead vet or a vet with a wealth of experience looking to take on the responsibility of running a practice. The role enables the lead Vet to put their own stamp on a practice. They will have ambition and the forward thinking to develop the practice whilst also having the full support of the wider organisation. They are keen to hear from enthusiastic Vets whether those are already lead vets or vets looking to take their next step.
You will be an experienced clinician who can confidently deal with everything that enters the consult room, but your appetite for learning isn't satisfied yet, and you know there's a strong leader in you just waiting to be nurtured. This is a progressive modern thinking practice who understand the importance of listening to their team. They have a supportive management team in place who always provide an approachable, friendly, and caring environment for all their team. There is an open-door management policy in place and all voices are heard.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Provide leadership to the whole clinical team
- Support and empower the team and provide mentoring and training where required
- Develop ideas and find new ways of working to drive the practice forward
- Provide and ensure a high standard of clinical care is delivered each day
- Be responsible for the financial and operational performance of the practice and drive the commercial performance forward
Benefits of the role:
The practices provide a high standard of clinical care and prides themselves on having staff members who stand apart from the rest and have a real passion and vision for how they work. They provide ongoing training and support to all team members through dedicated training centres.
All staff and patients benefit from the access to the best diagnostic equipment such as MRI machines and CT scanners and state of the art operating theatres in this nearest 24hr animal hospital.
- Type: Small animal
- Hours: Full time
- Weekends: On a rota
- Sole charge: Yes
- OOH: None
- Branch work: None
- Team: Large veterinary team
The practice has a modern, purpose-built theatre fitted with state-of-the-art equipment. They carry out a wide range of procedures, from C-sections and wound repairs to intestinal surgeries and lump removals. The practice can also offer keyhole surgery at their sister site.
Nurse clinics are run daily, including puppy and kitten classes, diabetes and weight clinics, as well as consults covering heart and kidney disease, and arthritis.
- You must have a strong work ethic and provide an excellent high standard of clinical service
- You will either have leadership experience or have a high level of experience and looking to move into a leadership role
- You will be ambitious and enthusiastic looking to progress within your career
- You will be motivated and driven looking to put your own stamp on a practice
- You will enjoy creating a positive practice culture
- Ideally you will be looking to pursue an special interest and complete a post qualification
- You will have excellent interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to develop a great rapport with both clients and staff.
- You will have excellent motivational and support skills
- You will be a strong team player
- You will be ambitious and motivated looking for a role where you can develop your clinical skills and knowledge and your career further
- Low-rise consult tables so no lifting heavy dogs!
- Nurse clinics
- Visiting soft tissue and orthopaedic surgeons and cardiologist
- Digital X-ray
- In-house laboratory
- Veterinary ambulance
- Salary: Up to £72,000 per annum, commensurate to experience
- Holidays: 5 weeks annual leave
- CPD: Generous allowance of £1,500 with 3 days to attend
- Memberships: RCVS, VDS and BVA fees paid
- Funding available for certificates
- Workplace pension scheme
- Employee welfare supported
- Certificates funded and supported
- Healthcare scheme
- Exclusive colleague rewards including discounts with high street retailers and restaurants
- Staff discount
- RCVS registered and qualified or soon to be
- Possess the right to work in the United Kingdom
- Have excellent verbal and written communication skills
What happens next?
CLICK APPLY NOW or if you have any pre-application questions or if this role is not quite right for you, please contact the Vet Seekers team (details below) to discuss your veterinary career aspirations further.
Please quote job reference: 34501
T: 0333 014 7374
Please note: All communications and applications are treated in the strictest confidence. When it comes to your privacy, as an ethical veterinary recruiter we do not send your details anywhere without your permission.
Vet Seekers was established in 2016 and is a multi-award-winning specialist veterinary recruitment agency (2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023) and acts as an employment business for the supply of locum and permanent staff for the veterinary industry across the UK and overseas.
Vet Seekers is fully compliant with GDPR, is ICO registered and our team are REC accredited. As a business, we take sustainability, environmental impact and our carbon footprint very seriously and have committed to plant trees for every permanent and locum veterinary superstar we find work for, as well as every referral we receive.
Refer: If this position is not for you but you know someone who could be interested, pass this advert on to them or ask them to get in contact with us. As a thank you, we will plant 50 trees on your behalf.
Thanks from the Vet Seekers team.
We are sorry but applications for this job have closed.