£26,500 - £30,000 pro rata commensurate to experience
Full time / Permanent
We are recruiting for a full-time Lead Veterinary Nurse to work in a small animal Hospital in Whittlesford Cambridgeshire. This is a full-time role working a 42-hour week with a 1:6 weekend rota. There is time back in lieu after working a weekend.
The hospital is purposed built and is fully equipped with the latest diagnostics, on site laboratory, operating theatres, ultrasound, Hospital wards, laparoscopy equipment and more ensure that the Nurse can deal with a wide variety of interesting cases
The nurse will be working as part of a large supportive team of Vets, Nurses, and non-clinical staff. The role offers a great opportunity for an RVN to be exposed to a wide range of interesting cases and allow them to perform a variety of duties. From caring for inpatients and assisting in emergencies no shift is the same.
The hospital is committed to educating and developing all of their nursing team, so they do encourage all RVNS to gain Clinical Coach Qualification and there are additional qualifications which are supported and encouraged so the role offers extensive opportunities for continual learning and development of skills and clinical knowledge.
The Lead Nurse will work alongside the Clinical Nursing manager and collectively they will work together for ensure that the clinics provides a high standard of service each day. They will ensure that all patients are managed as much as possible from the nursing stance and they will provide ongoing support to the continual growth and development of the practice. They will have excellent standards and will implement and adhere to protocols and SOPs.
They will supervise patient flow each day and observe and implement new ways for the practice to run most effective and efficiently. They will observe the efficiency if current protocols and the whole patient process from admission to discharge and ensure that policies are adhered to but also changed where necessary to improve the flow and day to day running of the practice.
They are looking for proactive nurses who have a minimum of 1-2 years' experience. Ideally, they will be looking to take on more responsibility and move into a leadership role. Previous experience with patient care assistance guidance or SVN guidance would be advantageous. They will either have a clinical coach qualification or looking to become a clinical coach or a passion for mentoring. They will be passionate and dedicated and looking for a role where they can continue their professional development.
- Type: Small Animal
- Hours: Monday - Friday 42 hours per week
- Weekends: Yes 1:6 weekend
- Sole charge: None
- OOH: None
- Team: Large highly experienced Veterinary Team
- Consultations: 15 Minutes
- Part of a large group of Multiple practices and Hospitals across the area
- Accredited Hospital and Emergency Centre
- Well established with a large client base
- Practice sees a varied case load
- Fully equipped with state of the art diagnostics
- Supportive and friendly veterinary team.
- All staff are motivated and supported and encouraged to develop their skills and work towards certificates
- 6 monthly staff reviews are offered.
- Ongoing career opportunities are offered.
- On street parking
- You will be a passionate forward-thinking nurse
- You will embrace all aspects of the role from surgical, inpatient care, nurse consulting and clinical coaching.
- Various levels of experience are considered
- You will be motivated with a genuine passion for animal welfare
- You will consistently deliver a high standard of clinical care
- You will have excellent communication and customer interfacing skills
- You will enjoy clinical coaching or looking to become a clinical coach
- You will enjoy running nurse clinics
The practice is fully equipped to offer a wide range of modern veterinary services and facilities as one would expect in an accredited Hospital.
- Salary 26,500 - 30,000 pro rata commensurate to experience
- Generous CPD allowance 500 and 2 days off to attend
- Holidays 25 days per annum plus bank holidays and Birthday off
- Flexible rota allowing for a great work / life balance
- Paid professional memberships
- Weekends paid in addition to salary or time off in lieu
- Holiday entitlement increases with years' service
- Health scheme
- Staff discount scheme
- Gym Membership discount
- Cycle to work scheme
- Tax free childcare
- Workplace pension scheme
RCVS Registered & Qualified or soon to be.
Possess the right to work in the United Kingdom.
Have excellent verbal / written communication skills
What happens next?
CLICK APPLY NOW or if you have any pre-application questions or if this role is not quite right for you, please contact the VS Team (details below) to discuss your veterinary career aspirations further.
Please quote job reference: 15019
T: 0333 014 7374
Please note: All communications and applications are treated in the strictest confidence. When it comes to your privacy, as an ethical veterinary recruiter we do not send your details anywhere without your permission.
Vet Seekers established in 2016 and are a Multi-Award Winning Specialist Veterinary Recruitment Agency (2019, 2020, 2021) and act as an employment business & an employment agency for the supply of locum and permanent staff for the veterinary industry across the UK and Overseas.
Vet Seekers is fully compliant with GDPR, is ICO registered along with our team being REC accredited. As a business Vet Seekers takes sustainability, environmental and carbon impact very seriously and have committed to plant trees for every permanent and locum veterinary superstar we find work for, as well as every referral we receive.
Refer: If this position is not for you but you know someone who may be interested, pass this advert on to them or ask them to get in contact with us. As a thank you we will plant 50 trees on your behalf.
Search over 1000 veterinary jobs here: https://tinyurl.com/Vet-Seekers
Thanks from all the Vet Seekers team.