£24,000 - £35,000
Full time / Permanent
A small animal practice in Waltham Forest are recruiting a permanent Head Veterinary Nurse to join their team. This is a full-time position with a weekend rota. They require a Registered nurse with a minimum of three years' experience.
About the role:
They are looking for an enthusiastic nurse who will lead by example and support and mentor fellow RVNS within the practice. It is important that the RVN can demonstrate and give example of effective leadership skills. They must have excellent all-round nursing skills. Previous leadership experience and clinical coaching experience would be advantageous. This role would suit an RVN looking to take the next step up the career ladder and lead a team. the practice continues to support and encourage professional development so there is also scope for the RVN to work to their full potential. The RVN must be compassionate, have excellent communication skills and have a genuine passion for animal welfare and preventative healthcare.
- Type: Small
- Hours: Monday - Friday 40 Hours per week
- Weekends: 1:4
- Sole charge: None
- OOH: None
- Team: 2 Vet 2 RVN, 1 SVN, 1 VCA and support team
- Consultations: 15 Minutes
In a state-of-the-art, fully equipped, spacious, purpose-built clinic you will have the opportunity to develop your clinical skills with the benefit of an interesting and diverse caseload, the support of a fantastic, forward-thinking team while working for a company with strong values. This company truly care about all their team members and the people and pets they look after and want to give more people access to high quality veterinary care by being affordable and convenient for all their customers, whilst not compromising on veterinary standards. You will be supported to develop your skills and will have the opportunity to progress as this is a young, growing, thriving company with lots of new opportunities emerging.
- You will have excellent general nursing skills
- Previous experience in a leadership and mentoring role would be advantageous
- You will lead by example and be a role model for fellow RVN within the practice
- You will be happy to be a clinical coach
- You will be confident in running nurse clinics
- You will be a motivated and caring individual
- You will enjoy working as part of a team
- You will have a genuine passion for animal welfare
- You will consistently deliver a high standard of clinical care
- You will be caring, adaptable, hardworking and reliable
- You will have excellent communication and customer interfacing skills
- 24,000 - 35,000
- CPD 300 and 3 days off to attend
- Holidays 28 days including bank holidays
- Paid professional memberships
- VDS and RCVS Paid
- Staff discount scheme
- Workplace pension scheme
- RCVS registered and qualified
- Possess the right to work in the United Kingdom
- Excellent customer service and communication skills
- 6 months post graduate experience
What happens next?
If you would like to be considered for this role, please apply with your latest CV. Alternatively, contact us to find out more details or to have a confidential discussion about this or other opportunities.
T: 0333 014 7374
Office hours are 8.30am - 7.00pm or email us outside of these hours and we will respond ASAP.
Vet Seekers act as an employment business and an employment agency for the supply of Locum and permanent staff for the veterinary industry throughout the UK and overseas.