£27,573 - £32,615 per annum
Full time / Permanent
We are recruiting for a Permanent Head Registered Veterinary Nurse to join a small animal practice in Slough Berkshire.
This is an established practice which has been awarded a silver standard cat friendly clinic award. It comprises of a team of 1 Vet and a nursing team along with 2 practice care assistants.
The practice provides a high standard of clinical care and pride themselves on having staff members who stand apart from the rest and have a real passion and vision for how they work. They provide ongoing training and support to all team members through dedicated training centres. All staff also benefit from the access to the best diagnostic equipment such as MRI machines and state of the art operating theatres.
About the role
This is a full-time position working 40 hours per week over 5 days and a 1:6 weekend rota. The weekend rota will be at the 24hr Watford Hospital which will offer the RVN the opportunity for exposure to more complex cases and additional learning. There is also a bank holiday rota across the region and a night rota should they need support at any time. The HVN will have good general nursing experience with excellent customer and communication skills.
It is important that the HVN has the drive and motivated to ensure the optimisation of the patient and client experience. The HVN will also be responsible for the training and development of the nursing team. The HVN will ensure that they maintain their own clinical skills and are always increasing their knowledge and skill set. They will have an empathetic and caring attitude with a friendly and approachable manner.
- Type: Small Animal
- Hours: Monday - Friday 40 hours per week
- Weekends: 1:6 weekends
- Sole Charge: None
- OOH: None
- Branch work: None
- Computer System: Bespoke system
- Consultations: 15 Minutes
- Team: 1 Vets, 2 PCA
- Large community of highly skilled Veterinary Professionals
- Committed, forward thinking and deliver clinical excellence
- Offers continual training with professional development along with a dedicated training centre
- Provides advanced Veterinary diagnostic equipment including MRI Machines and state of the art operating theatres
- Career progression opportunities available
- Provides continual ongoing training to ensure personal growth and development
- Provides state of the art diagnostic equipment
- You will have a high level of solid nursing experience in all aspects of nursing
- Clinical coaching experience would be advantageous but not essential.
- You must have a friendly and compassionate attitude and be approachable at all times
- You will have strong leadership skills
- You will be ambitious to continue with further education and training
- You will be forward thinking and always looking at ways to develop the clinical nursing team further
- You will enjoy leading a team and providing ongoing support to fellow team members
- You must be motivated and passionate about your work and share this and promote this ethos with other members of staff
- You will be happy to run nurse clinics
- You will be responsible for mentoring the team and leading by example
- You will have a genuine passion for animal welfare
- You will consistently deliver a high standard of clinical care
- You will be caring, adaptable, hardworking, and reliable
- You will have excellent communication and customer interfacing skills
The practice is fully equipped with all the latest diagnostic equipment and there is a wide range of state-of-the-art services available including:
- Digital X-Ray
- Multiparameter Machine
- Key Hole Surgery
- Orthopaedic facilities
- 24hr care Hospitalisation facilities
- Isolation wards
- Salary: 27,573 - 32,615 per annum Commensurate to experience
- Holiday allowance: 5 weeks annual leave plus bank holidays
- Workplace Pension Scheme
- CPD: 300 allowance plus 2 days to attend
- Access to a learning and development platform
- Access to employee assist programme
- Internal courses available ongoing
- Attendance bonus schemes
- Memberships: Paid memberships (RCVS, VDS and BVA)
- Exclusive company discounts and rewards scheme
RCVS Registered & Qualified or soon to be.
Possess the right to work in the United Kingdom.
Have excellent verbal / written communication skills
What happens next?
CLICK APPLY NOW or if you have any pre-application questions or if this role is not quite right for you, please contact the VS Team (details below) to discuss your veterinary career aspirations further.
Please quote job reference: 7333
T: 0333 014 7374
Please note: All communications and applications are treated in the strictest confidence. When it comes to your privacy, as an ethical veterinary recruiter we do not send your details anywhere without your permission.
Vet Seekers established in 2016 and are a Multi-Award Winning Specialist Veterinary Recruitment Agency (2019, 2020, 2021) and act as an employment business & an employment agency for the supply of locum and permanent staff for the veterinary industry across the UK and Overseas.
Vet Seekers is fully compliant with GDPR, is ICO registered along with our team being REC accredited. As a business Vet Seekers takes sustainability, environmental and carbon impact very seriously and have committed to plant trees for every permanent and locum veterinary superstar we find work for, as well as every referral we receive.
Refer: If this position is not for you but you know someone who may be interested, pass this advert on to them or ask them to get in contact with us. As a thank you we will plant 50 trees on your behalf.
Search over 1000 veterinary jobs here: https://tinyurl.com/Vet-Seekers
Thanks from all the Vet Seekers team.