Up to £32,500 per annum commensurate to experience
Full time / Permanent
We are recruiting on behalf of a practice in Northallerton North Yorkshire for a Permanent Head Veterinary Nurse to join them on a full-time basis. The role offer a 40 hour week with a 1:4 weekend rota.
The role offers an excellent work / life balance for the right candidate who is looking to take the next step up in their career path. They would be working alongside an experienced team and will have the support of the lead Vet within the practice along with regional team members. The practice offers ongoing in-house training and development and all the nurses within the team are encouraged to progress into areas of special interest an continue with their personal and professional development,
They are looking for a HVN with excellent communication skills and someone who enjoys coaching and mentoring others and sharing knowledge. They will also embrace all aspects of the role - both on the clinical and management side of things. They will have a positive attitude and lead by example.
- Complete all aspects of nursing duties and assisting Veterinary Surgeons
- Clinical coaching duties for SVNs
- Liaise with the Senior Vet to ensure that schedule 3 procedures are maximised for all suitable and trained RVNs
- Organise rotas and liaise with senior Vet and regional team to ensure all practice needs are met
- The RVN will be involved with part of the recruitment process within the practice
- Assist the management team with the administration that is needed to complete the smooth day to day running of the practice.
- Monitoring stock control and adhere to budget
- Reception enquiries when required
- Liaise with clients and ensure accurate information is passed on regarding their pets
- Co-ordinate training for Nurses and Animal Care assistants - liaise with management team
- Ensure opportunities are available for team members to gain experience and provide support and encourage where necessary
- Induction training of new staff members
- Ensure staff are compliant with Health and Safety Policies.
Benefits of the role:
The practice provides a high standard of clinical care and pride themselves on having staff members who stand apart from the rest and have a real passion and vision for how they work. They provide ongoing training and support to all team members through dedicated training centres.
All staff also benefit from the access to the best diagnostic equipment such as MRI machines and CT scanners and state of the art operating theatres in their nearest state-of-the-art Animal Hospital.
- Type: Small Animal
- Hours: Monday - Friday Full time 40 hours per week
- Weekends: 1:4 weekends
- Sole Charge: Yes
- OOH: None
- Branch work: None
- Computer System: Freedom
- Consultations: 15 Minutes
- Team: Large Vet and Nurse team
- Large community of highly skilled Veterinary Professionals
- Committed, forward thinking and deliver clinical excellence
- Offers continual training with professional development along with a dedicated training centre
- Provides advanced Veterinary diagnostic equipment including MRI Machines and state of the art operating theatres
- Career progression opportunities available
- Provides continual ongoing training to ensure personal growth and development
- Provides state of the art diagnostic equipment
- You must have a friendly and compassionate attitude and be approachable
- You will demonstrate leadership qualities
- You will be passionate and focused on developing and supporting team members
- You will be looking for a role to take on more responsibility
- You will have a good amount of small animal nursing experience in all aspects of nursing
- You will be ambitious to continue with further education and training
- You will be forward thinking, motivated, passionate with a genuine interest in animal welfare
- You must be motivated and passionate about your work and share this and promote this ethos with other members of staff
- You will enjoy working as part of a team
- You will have a genuine passion for animal welfare
- You will consistently deliver a high standard of clinical care
- You will be caring, adaptable, hardworking, and reliable
- You will have excellent communication and customer interfacing skills
The practice is fully equipped with all the latest diagnostic equipment and there is a wide range of state-of-the-art services available including:
- Digital X-Ray
- In House laboratory
- Multiparameter Machine
- Salary:32,500 per annum commensurate to experience
- Holiday allowance: 5 weeks annual leave plus bank holidays
- Workplace Pension Scheme
- CPD: 300 allowance plus 2 days to attend
- Access to a learning and development platform
- Access to employee assist programme
- Internal courses available ongoing
- Attendance bonus schemes
- Memberships: Paid memberships (RCVS, VDS and BVA)
- Exclusive company discounts and rewards scheme
RCVS Registered & Qualified or soon to be.
Possess the right to work in the United Kingdom.
Have excellent verbal / written communication skills
What happens next?
CLICK APPLY NOW or if you have any pre-application questions or if this role is not quite right for you, please contact the VS Team (details below) to discuss your veterinary career aspirations further.
Please quote job reference: 13686
T: 0333 014 7374
Please note: All communications and applications are treated in the strictest confidence. When it comes to your privacy, as an ethical veterinary recruiter we do not send your details anywhere without your permission.
Vet Seekers established in 2016 and are a Multi-Award-Winning Specialist Veterinary Recruitment Agency (2019, 2020, 2021) and act as an employment business & an employment agency for the supply of locum and permanent staff for the veterinary industry across the UK and Overseas.
Vet Seekers is fully compliant with GDPR, is ICO registered along with our team being REC accredited. As a business Vet Seekers takes sustainability, environmental and carbon impact very seriously and have committed to plant trees for every permanent and locum veterinary superstar we find work for, as well as every referral we receive.
Refer: If this position is not for you but you know someone who may be interested, pass this advert on to them or ask them to get in contact with us. As a thank you we will plant 50 trees on your behalf.
Search over 1000 veterinary jobs here: https://tinyurl.com/Vet-Seekers
Thanks from all the Vet Seekers team.