Salary: Up to £27,573 pro rata commensurate to experience
Full time / Permanent
We are recruiting for a Permanent head Registered Veterinary Nurse to join a small animal practice in Scunthorpe. This is a full-time role working 40 hours per week over a 5-day period. There is also a weekend rota which is 1:4 full weekends. There is also a bank holiday rota and an on-call rota.
This is a busy 24hr practice which is fully equipped with state-of-the-art facilities and offers a wide range of modern veterinary services.
They provide a high standard of clinical care and pride themselves on having staff members who stand apart from the rest and have a real passion and vision for how they work. They provide ongoing training and support to all team members through dedicated training centres.
All staff also benefit from the access to the best diagnostic equipment such as MRI machines and CT scanners and state of the art operating theatres in the nearest state-of-the-art Animal Hospital.
The role will involve all aspects of general nursing duties and the responsibility of leading a team and providing clinical coaching where required. It is an excellent opportunity for an RVN to develop nursing clinics and use their own initiative to promote ideas. They will enjoy leading from the front and sharing knowledge. They will have excellent client and patient care skills and a genuine passion for animal welfare along with excellent communication skills.
- Type: Small Animal
- Hours: Full time
- Weekends: 1:4 Weekend rota
- Sole Charge: None
- OOH: None
- Branch work: None
- Computer System: Freedom
- Consultations: 15 Minutes
- Team: Large Veterinary Team
- Large community of highly skilled Veterinary Professionals
- Committed, forward thinking and deliver clinical excellence
- Offers continual training with professional development along with a dedicated training centre
- Provides advanced Veterinary diagnostic equipment including MRI Machines and state of the art operating theatres
- Career progression opportunities available
- Provides continual ongoing training to ensure personal growth and development
- Provides state of the art diagnostic equipment
- You will have a good amount of small animal nursing experience in all aspects of nursing
- You must have a friendly and compassionate attitude and be approachable
- You will develop and enjoy running nurse clinics
- You will be ambitious to continue with further education and training
- You will have clinical coaching experience or be looking to become a clinical coach
- You will be forward thinking, motivated, passionate with a genuine interest in animal welfare
- You must be motivated and passionate about your work and share this and promote this ethos with other members of staff
- You will enjoy working as part of a team
- You will have a genuine passion for animal welfare
- You will consistently deliver a high standard of clinical care
- You will be caring, adaptable, hardworking, and reliable
- You will have excellent communication and customer interfacing skills
The practice is fully equipped with all the latest diagnostic equipment and there is a wide range of state-of-the-art services available including:
- Digital X-Ray
- In House laboratory
- Multiparameter Machine
- 24hr care
- Salary: Up to 27,573 pro rata commensurate to experience
- Holiday allowance: 5 weeks annual leave plus bank holidays
- Workplace Pension Scheme
- CPD: 300 allowance plus 2 days to attend
- Access to a learning and development platform
- Access to employee assist programme
- Internal courses available ongoing
- Attendance bonus schemes
- Memberships: Paid memberships (RCVS, VDS and BVA)
- Exclusive company discounts and rewards scheme
RCVS registered and qualified
Possess the right to work in the United Kingdom.
Excellent communication skills
1 years' post-grad UK experience
What happens next?
If you would like to be considered for this role, please apply with your latest CV.
Alternatively, contact us to find out more details or to have a confidential discussion about this or other opportunities.
T: 0333 014 7374
Office hours are 8.30am - 6.00pm or email us outside of these hours and we will respond ASAP.
Vet Seekers act as an employment business and an employment agency for the supply of Locum and permanent staff for the veterinary industry throughout the UK and overseas.