£25,000 - £29,000
Full time / Permanent
We are recruiting for a head registered veterinary nurse to join a newly built practice in Rotherham. This is a growing first opinion practice which now requires a registered nurse to lead their team. The position is full time working 40 hours per week with a weekend rota.
About the role:
This role is ideal for an RVN who is looking to take the next career step and lead a forward-thinking passionate team of nurses. The RVN must have at least 3 years' experience in general nursing, delivering a high standard of clinical care and have excellent communication skills. Previous experience of coaching would be advantageous as the role also involves training and mentoring SVNS and fellow staff members.
The role will involve motivating other members of staff and offering support, so it is vital that the RVN is passionate about their work and has strong communication skills. The practice pride themselves on delivering a high standard of clinical care and have an excellent reputation within the local area therefore, it is key that the RVN continues to promote and deliver this standard of care and continue to drive the clinical excellence and services forward within the practice. The RVN will also be expected to run nurse clinics and be competent in surgical skills also.
If you are interested in being a part of a practice where you can help mould and shape its future whilst working with an experienced friendly and supportive team then please get in touch with us. This role offers an exciting opportunity for career development - both clinical and management to the right applicant alongside offering a fantastic work / life balance.
Hours: Monday - Friday 40 hours per week
Weekends: 1:3 - Various shifts between 8am and 7.30pm
Sole charge: No
Team: 2 Vet 2 RVN 2 SVN and support team
Consultations: 15 Minutes
Other: Late night checks for any inpatients are paid in addition
This is an independent group across South Yorkshire who are dedicated to delivering clinical excellence. They have 3 modern clinics offering state of the art facilities and services and are equipped with all the latest technologies to ensure they continue to be at the forefront of the veterinary industry. They are passionate about animal welfare and in particularly preventative welfare and are dedicated to sharing their knowledge to all their clients. They also offer affordable healthcare making it possible for everyone to give their animal the best healthcare,
- 6 consultation skills and 2 operating theatres
- Kennel and Cattery
- Dental suite
- Onsite parking
- Overnight nursing facilities
- Isolation Ward
- 3 branches across South Yorkshire
- Modern newly built practice with state-of-the-art facilities
- You will have 3 years of nursing experience
- Previous coaching experience would be advantageous but not essential
- Good surgical experience background
- You must be confident in running nurse clinics
- You will be happy to mentor and support fellow members of staff
- You will help drive the practice forward and shape the development of client services
- You must be motivated and passionate about your work and share this and promote this ethos with other members of staff
- You will actively promote the ethos of preventative healthcare and educate clients each day
- You will enjoy working as part of a team
- You will have a genuine passion for animal welfare
- You will consistently deliver a high standard of clinical care
- You will be caring, adaptable, hardworking and reliable
- You will have excellent communication and customer interfacing skills
- You will be ambitious and looking to take your career to the next step and develop your clinical and management skills
- 25,000 - 29,000 pro rata
- CPD generous allowance
- 20 days Holiday
- Paid professional memberships
- Onsite free parking
- VDS and RCVS Paid
- Discount for staff pets
- Staff discount scheme
- Workplace pension scheme
- RCVS registered and qualified
- Possess the right to work in the United Kingdom
- Excellent customer service and communication skills
- 6 months post graduate experience
What happens next?
If you would like to be considered for this role, please apply with your latest CV. Alternatively, contact us to find out more details or to have a confidential discussion about this or other opportunities.
T: 0333 014 7374
Office hours are 8.30am - 7.00pm or email us outside of these hours and we will respond ASAP.
Vet Seekers act as an employment business and an employment agency for the supply of Locum and permanent staff for the veterinary industry throughout the UK and overseas.