£31,696 to £35,719 commensurate to experience
Full time / Permanent
We are recruiting for a Permanent Head Registered Veterinary Nurse to join a small animal hospital in London.
This is a full-time position with a 40-hour week and a 1:4 weekend rota. There is time back in lieu when worked a weekend. This is an excellent opportunity to join a 24 hr animal hospital and lead a team of RVNS, SVNS, PCAs and reception along with having support of a deputy HVN and an area manager.
The practice provides a high standard of clinical care and pride themselves on having staff members who stand apart from the rest and have a real passion and vision for how they work. They provide ongoing training and support to all team members through dedicated training centres. All staff also benefit from the access to the best diagnostic equipment such as MRI machines and CT scanners and state of the art operating theatres in their nearest state of the art Animal Hospital.
The role involves all aspects of general nursing as well as being responsible for managing and leading a team. The RVN will share the responsibility of in patient care and theatre work with other nurses and also support and mentor less experienced members of the team. The RVN will be expected to be proactive in maintaining and developing their own clinical skills whilst having the ambition and drive to deliver excellent veterinary care. They require an RVN who has an understanding of how a practice runs on a day-to-day basis and someone who will explore areas where the practice can improve both the patient and client experience further.
The RVN will be trustworthy with a friendly and approachable attitude. They must work well as part of a dynamic team and have excellent customer service and communication skills.
Type: Small Animal
- Hours: Full time Monday - Friday Full time
- Weekends: 1:4 weekend rota
- Sole Charge: None
- OOH: None
- Branch work: None
- Computer System: Bespoke system
- Consultations: 15 Minutes
- Team: Large multi vet and nurse team across the region
- Large community of highly skilled Veterinary Professionals
- Committed, forward thinking and deliver clinical excellence
- Offers continual training with professional development along with a dedicated training centre
- Provides advanced Veterinary diagnostic equipment including MRI Machines and state of the art operating theatres
- Career progression opportunities available
- Provides continual ongoing training to ensure personal growth and development
- Provides state of the art diagnostic equipment
- You must have a friendly and compassionate attitude and be always approachable
- You will be ambitious to continue with further education and training
- You will enjoy training and providing support to others
- Previous leadership experience is not essential but advantageous
- You will enjoy sharing knowledge and lead by example
- You will have clinical coaching experience or be looking to become a clinical coach
- You will be forward thinking, motivated, passionate with a genuine interest in animal welfare
- You must be motivated and passionate about your work and share this and promote this ethos with other members of staff
- You will enjoy working as part of a team
- You will have a genuine passion for animal welfare
- You will consistently deliver a high standard of clinical care
- You will be caring, adaptable, hardworking, and reliable
- You will have excellent communication and customer interfacing skills
The practice is fully equipped with all the latest diagnostic equipment and there is a wide range of state-of-the-art services available including:
- Salary: 31,696 - 35,719 per annum commensurate to experience
- Holiday allowance: 5 weeks annual leave plus bank holidays
- Workplace Pension Scheme
- CPD: 300 allowance plus 2 days to attend
- Access to a learning and development platform
- Access to employee assist programme
- Internal courses available ongoing
- Attendance bonus schemes
- Memberships: Paid memberships (RCVS, VDS and BVA)
- Exclusive company discounts and rewards scheme
RCVS registered and qualified
Possess the right to work in the United Kingdom.
Excellent communication skills
1 years' post-grad UK experience
What happens next?
If you would like to be considered for this role, please apply with your latest CV.
Alternatively, contact us to find out more details or to have a confidential discussion about this or other opportunities.
T: 0333 014 7374
Office hours are 8.30am - 6.00pm or email us outside of these hours and we will respond ASAP.
Vet Seekers act as an employment business and an employment agency for the supply of Locum and permanent staff for the veterinary industry throughout the UK and overseas.