Commensurate to experience
Full time / Permanent
We are recruiting for a permanent Registered Veterinary Nurse to join a practice in Garston Liverpool. This is a full-time position with a generous 1:8 weekend rota.
The practices provide a high standard of clinical care and pride themselves on having staff members who stand apart from the rest and have a real passion and vision for how they work. They provide ongoing training and support to all team members through dedicated training centres. All staff also benefit from the access to the best diagnostic equipment such as MRI machines and CT scanners and state of the art operating theatres in their nearest state of the art Animal Hospital.
About the role
The role involves all aspects of general nursing along with clinical coaching. The role is ideal for a Nurse who has previous experience in leading a team and perhaps looking to take the next step or an RVN who is currently a head nurse looking for a change.
The RVN will have a friendly and approachable attitude and enjoy leading by example. They will enjoy being a clinical coach or looking to become a clinical coach. The role offers the RVN plenty of scope to continue to develop their clinical skill set and knowledge. They must have excellent client care skills and work well as part of a team along with a genuine passion for animal welfare.
- Type: Small Animal
- Hours: Full time Monday - Friday Full time
- Weekends: 1:8 weekend rota
- Sole Charge: None
- OOH: None
- Branch work: None
- Computer System: Bespoke system
- Consultations: 15 Minutes
- Team: 1 Vet 1 SVN and support team
- Large community of highly skilled Veterinary Professionals
- Committed, forward thinking and deliver clinical excellence
- Offers continual training with professional development along with a dedicated training centre
- Provides advanced Veterinary diagnostic equipment including MRI Machines and state of the art operating theatres
- Career progression opportunities available
- Provides continual ongoing training to ensure personal growth and development
- Provides state of the art diagnostic equipment
- You must have a friendly and compassionate attitude and be always approachable
- You will be ambitious to continue with further education and training
- You will enjoy training and providing support to others
- You will have previous leadership experience
- You will have clinical coaching experience or be looking to become a clinical coach
- You will be forward thinking, motivated, passionate with a genuine interest in animal welfare
- You must be motivated and passionate about your work and share this and promote this ethos with other members of staff
- You will enjoy working as part of a team
- You will have a genuine passion for animal welfare
- You will consistently deliver a high standard of clinical care
- You will be caring, adaptable, hardworking, and reliable
- You will have excellent communication and customer interfacing skills
The practice is fully equipped with all the latest diagnostic equipment and there is a wide range of state-of-the-art services available including:
- Digital X-Ray
- Multiparameter Machine
- Orthopaedic facilities
- 24hr care
- Salary: Commensurate to experience
- Holiday allowance: 5 weeks annual leave plus bank holidays
- Workplace Pension Scheme
- CPD: 300 allowance plus 2 days to attend
- Access to a learning and development platform
- Access to employee assist programme
- Internal courses available ongoing
- Attendance bonus schemes
- Memberships: Paid memberships (RCVS, VDS and BVA)
- Exclusive company discounts and rewards scheme
RCVS registered and qualified
Possess the right to work in the United Kingdom.
Excellent communication skills
1 years' post-grad UK experience
What happens next?
If you would like to be considered for this role, please apply with your latest CV.
Alternatively, contact us to find out more details or to have a confidential discussion about this or other opportunities.
T: 0333 014 7374
Office hours are 8.30am - 6.00pm or email us outside of these hours and we will respond ASAP.
Vet Seekers act as an employment business and an employment agency for the supply of Locum and permanent staff for the veterinary industry throughout the UK and overseas.