£30,000 - £50,000
Full time / Permanent
A small Animal practice in Ilkeston in Derbyshire are recruiting for a permanent full-time veterinary surgeon to join their friendly team. This is an established practice offering a variety of cases each day alongside a supportive team.
This is a modern purpose-built practice with state-of-the-art facilities. The team comprises of 3 Vet 3 RVNS and supporting staff. the role is full time working 40 hours per week with a 1:3 weekend rota. The weekend will occasionally be sole charge, so it is important that the veterinary surgeon is confident in this area.
The require a surgeon with good medical and surgical experience and who is confident running consults and communication well with clients. The practice can offer career progression and support along with a generous CPD allowance.
Due to the experience and support available the practice is happy to accept applications from recently graduated veterinary surgeons.
- Type: Small Animal
- Hours: Monday - Friday 9am - 6pm
- Weekends: 1:3 Saturdays 9am - 12pm
- Sole Charge: Occasional on a weekend only
- OOH: None
- Branch work: None
- Computer System: RX Works
- Consultations: 10 Minutes
- Team: 3 Vet 3 RVN, and support team
- State of the Art equipment including Lab, Digital X Ray, Pharmacy and Ultrasound
- Bright spacious air-conditioned practice with modern facilities
- Established practice with a growing client base
- Large supportive team
- Offers career development for a recently graduated veterinary surgeon
- Offers an exciting varied case load
- Offers a good work / life balance - negotiable hours
- Offers opportunity to expand clinical skill set and knowledge
- Practice provides clinical freedom for personal growth and development
- You must have a strong work ethic and provide an excellent high standard of clinical service
- You will have good general medical and surgical skills
- If you are an experienced veterinary surgeon you will be confident with occasional sole charge work
- You will want to contribute to the practice enabling them to stay at the forefront of clinical thinking whilst also maintaining the ethos of providing a high standard of clinical care to all pets.
- You will have excellent interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to develop a great rapport with both clients and staff.
- You will be a strong team player
- Emergency cover
- Operating Theatre
- Digital X-Ray
- Isolation Unit
- In-house Laboratory
- Dental X-Ray
- Salary: 30,000 - 50,000 Pro Rata
- Holiday allowance: 4 weeks including Bank Holiday and Birthday leave
- Workplace Pension Scheme
- CPD: Generous Allowance
- Certificates funded and supported
- Healthcare Scheme
- Rewards: Exclusive colleague rewards including discounts with High Street retailers and restaurants
- Staff Bonus Scheme
- Memberships: Paid memberships (RCVS, VDS and BVA)
- Staff Discount
RCVS registered and qualified
Possess the right to work in the United Kingdom.
Excellent communication skills
1 years' post-grad UK experience
What happens next?
If you would like to be considered for this role, please apply with your latest CV.
Alternatively, contact us to find out more details or to have a confidential discussion about this or other opportunities.
T: 0333 014 7374
Office hours are 8.30am - 6.00pm or email us outside of these hours and we will respond ASAP.
Vet Seekers act as an employment business and an employment agency for the supply of Locum and permanent staff for the veterinary industry throughout the UK and overseas.