£40,000 - £55,000
Full time / Permanent
We are recruiting for a permanent Veterinary Surgeons to operate as a roaming vet. This role involves moving between the practices to cover vets on holiday or nights. The position will be permanent, with full time hours and you will only be required to operate in 2 practices, instead of having to move everywhere, in order to promote continuity.
This is a purpose-built practice with state-of-the-art equipment offering a variety of 1st Opinion Veterinary Services. Located in Warwickshire, it is situated in both the Countryside and major cities such as Coventry, Birmingham and Leicester. The see a varied case load and provide plenty of support so this role offers an excellent opportunity for a Vet looking to take their next step in their career.
Each practice has an average of 6 Vets, so you will need to work well in a team.
About the role
They are ideally looking for a Veterinary Surgeon with a good level of experience, someone who is confident in routine surgeries and consultations. They must have a motivated and enthusiastic attitude and continue to uphold the ethos of the practice which is always to put the pet first. They must have strong communication skills and be proactive always wanting to stay at the forefront of the clinic's development. It is important that they work well as part of a team. There is a competitive package available commensurate to experience.
- Type: Small Animal
- Hours: Varied dependant on requirements
- Weekends: Yes on a rota
- Sole Charge: Unlikely
- OOH: Potential
- Branch work: Yes
- Consultations: 15 Minutes
- Team: 6 Vet average per practice
- State of the Art equipment with all the latest technology
- Highly experienced Veterinary Team
- Bright spacious air-conditioned practice with modern facilities
- Offers an exciting workload
- Offers opportunity to expand clinical skill set and knowledge
- Practice provides clinical freedom for personal growth and development
- You must have a strong work ethic and provide an excellent high standard of clinical service
- You will be confident in all areas of routine surgeries and medical cases
- You will want to contribute to the practice enabling them to stay at the forefront of clinical thinking whilst also maintaining the ethos of providing a high standard of clinical care to all pets.
- You will have excellent interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to develop a great rapport with both clients and staff.
- You will be a strong team player
- The practice offers a wide range of modern veterinary services and facilities including:
- Emergency cover
- Operating Theatre
- Digital X-Ray
- Dental X-Ray
- Isolation Unit
- In-house Laboratory
- Salary: 40,000 - 50,000 pro rata
- Holiday allowance: 5 weeks off plus bank holidays
- Workplace Pension Scheme
- CPD: Large allowance for CPD and clinical courses
- Support towards certificate and career development
- Healthcare Scheme
- Staff Bonus Scheme
- Memberships: Paid memberships (RCVS, VDS and BVA)
- Medical Insurance
- RCVS registered and qualified
- Possess the right to work in the United Kingdom.
- Excellent communication skills
- 1 years' post-grad UK experience
What happens next?
If you would like to be considered for this role, please apply with your latest CV.
Alternatively, contact us to find out more details or to have a confidential discussion about this or other opportunities.
T: 0333 014 7374
Office hours are 8.30am - 6.00pm or email us outside of these hours and we will respond ASAP.
Vet Seekers act as an employment business and an employment agency for the supply of Locum and permanent staff for the veterinary industry throughout the UK and overseas.