Full time / Permanent
We are recruiting for a permanent registered veterinary nurse to join a small animal Independent practice near Colwyn Bay.
This is a busy first opinion practice whose ethos is based on clinical excellence, excellent customer service and patient care. The role is full time and they are looking for the RVN to work 4 days a week. The surgery is well equipped and spacious with separate dog and cat waiting areas, digital X-Ray, Ultrasound, dental X-Ray and in-house laboratory.
About the role:
The role requires either an experienced or newly qualified RVN, especially an RVN who is looking to develop their clinical skill set and knowledge and utilise all their nursing skills to the maximum. This is an award winning practice and therefore, you will be surrounded with excellent and supportive members of staff.
The practice has a strong ethos on personal development and CPD and continual learning is actively supported and encouraged.
The role is full time with a 1:4 weekend which involves working a Saturday 9-12 and a Sunday 10-1.
- Type: Small
- Hours: Monday - Friday full time
- Weekends: Yes 1:4 weekend rota and late shift rota
- Sole charge: None
- Consultations: 10 minutes
- Large loyal client base
- Works closely with local referral practice and have regular seminars offering continual learning and development with more complex referral cases
- Work closely with the Welsh Mountain Zoo, so get to treat very interesting animals from time to time
- Comprises of a highly skilled veterinary team with various expertise and areas of special interest.
- Offers career progression with support and funding in further education
- Provides a vast range of modern veterinary services and facilities
- State of the art equipment
- Opportunity to develop surgical skills
- Excellent reputation within the community
- You will be competent in all aspects of general nursing
- You will be ambitious to continue with further education and training
- You will either be an experienced and confident RVN in all aspects if nursing
- You will enjoy working as part of a team
- You will have a genuine passion for animal welfare
- You will consistently deliver a high standard of clinical care
- You will be caring, adaptable, hardworking, and reliable
- You will have excellent communication and customer interfacing skills
- Generous CPD allowance and days off to attend
- 4 weeks annual leave plus bank holidays and Birthday off
- Employee Assist programme
- Paid professional memberships
- Excellent career development opportunity
- Staff discount scheme
- Workplace pension scheme
- Healthcare scheme
- RCVS registered and qualified
- Possess the right to work in the United Kingdom
- Excellent customer service and communication skills
- 6 months post graduate experience
What happens next?
If you would like to be considered for this role, please apply with your latest CV. Alternatively, contact us to find out more details or to have a confidential discussion about this or other opportunities.
T: 0333 014 7374
Office hours are 8.30am - 7.00pm or email us outside of these hours and we will respond ASAP.
Vet Seekers act as an employment business and an employment agency for the supply of Locum and permanent staff for the veterinary industry throughout the UK and overseas.