£35,000 - £45,000
Full time / Permanent
A small Animal practice in Wimbledon are recruiting for a full or part time veterinary surgeon to join their friendly team. The role offers full or part time hours along with a weekend rota and no ooh.
The practice is in the lovely leafy village of Wimbledon and the team comprises of 1 Vet, 2 VCA and supporting team. The practice is currently recruiting an RVN team to join them.
The surgery is bright and spacious, purpose built offering modern facilities and services with state-of-the-art equipment. They see a wide variety of cases including a lot of exotics.
The require a veterinary surgeon with good general surgical and medical case skills. The practice supports areas of special interest also. Previous experience in emergency surgery would be advantageous but not essential. As there is some sole charge work involved the veterinary surgeon must have two years' experience as a minimum. Excellent customer service skills are key and they must enjoy establishing working relationships with both clients and fellow members of staff.
- Type: Small Animal
- Hours: Monday - Friday 9am - 6pm
- Weekends: 1:3 - Saturday 9am - 6pm Sunday 10.30am - 4.30pm
- Sole Charge: Occasional sole charge weekends and some afternoons
- OOH: None
- Branch work: None
- Computer System: RX Works
- Consultations: 10 Minutes
- Team: 1 Vet 5, 2 VCA and support team
- State of the Art equipment including Lab, Digital X Ray, Pharmacy and Ultrasound
- Bright spacious air-conditioned practice with modern facilities
- Established practice with a growing client base
- Offers an exciting varied case load
- Offers a good work / life balance
- Offers opportunity to expand clinical skill set and knowledge
- Practice provides clinical freedom for personal growth and development
- You must have a strong work ethic and provide an excellent high standard of clinical service
- You will be competent in all areas of routine surgeries and medical cases
- You must be happy with sole charge work when required.
- You will want to contribute to the practice enabling them to stay at the forefront of clinical thinking whilst also maintaining the ethos of providing a high standard of clinical care to all pets.
- You will have excellent interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to develop a great rapport with both clients and staff.
- You will be a strong team player
- You will have 3 years' experience
- Emergency cover
- Operating Theatre
- Digital X-Ray
- Isolation Unit
- In-house Laboratory
- Dental X-Ray
- Salary: 35,000 - 45,000 Pro rata
- Holiday allowance: 4 weeks including Bank Holiday and Birthday leave
- Workplace Pension Scheme
- CPD: Generous Allowance
- Certificates funded and supported
- Healthcare Scheme
- Rewards: Exclusive colleague rewards including discounts with High Street retailers and restaurants
- Staff Bonus Scheme
- Memberships: Paid memberships (RCVS, VDS and BVA)
- Staff Discount
RCVS registered and qualified
Possess the right to work in the United Kingdom.
Excellent communication skills
1 years' post-grad UK experience
What happens next?
If you would like to be considered for this role, please apply with your latest CV.
Alternatively, contact us to find out more details or to have a confidential discussion about this or other opportunities.
T: 0333 014 7374
Office hours are 8.30am - 6.00pm or email us outside of these hours and we will respond ASAP.
Vet Seekers act as an employment business and an employment agency for the supply of Locum and permanent staff for the veterinary industry throughout the UK and overseas.