£35,000 - £50,000
Full time / Permanent
A small Animal practice in Tunbridge Wells are recruiting permanent veterinary surgeon to join their team on either a full or part time basis.
The practice is located close to local transport links and offers onsite parking. It is purpose built, modern and spacious with state-of-the-art facilities.
The practice can offer full or part time hours with a 1:3 weekend rota. The practice has a friendly supportive team comprising of 2 Vet 4 RVN and supporting staff. One of the surgeons has multiple certificates and the practice also has visiting specialists so there is plenty of scope for the right candidate to develop their skill set and knowledge. Due to the experience level within the team the practice can consider applications from recently graduated veterinary surgeons.
If you are an experienced surgeon, they require that you have good general practice experience and are happy with the occasional sole charge work on a weekend only.
- Type: Small Animal
- Hours: Monday - Friday 9am - 7pm Full or part time hours available
- Weekends: 1:3 - Saturday 9am - 5pm Sunday 10.30am - 4pm
- Sole Charge: Sole charge weekends and some afternoons
- OOH: None
- Branch work: None
- Computer System: RX Works
- Consultations: 10 Minutes
- Team: 2 Vet 4 RVN and support team
- State of the Art equipment including Lab, Digital X Ray, Pharmacy and Ultrasound
- Bright spacious air-conditioned practice with modern facilities
- Established practice with a growing client base
- Offers career development for a recently graduated veterinary surgeon
- Offers an exciting varied case load
- Offers a good work / life balance
- Offers opportunity to expand clinical skill set and knowledge
- Practice provides clinical freedom for personal growth and development
- You must have a strong work ethic and provide an excellent high standard of clinical service
- You will be competent in all areas of routine surgeries and medical cases
- You must be happy with sole charge work on a weekend
- You will have career development aspirations
- You will want to contribute to the practice enabling them to stay at the forefront of clinical thinking whilst also maintaining the ethos of providing a high standard of clinical care to all pets.
- You will have excellent interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to develop a great rapport with both clients and staff.
- You will be a strong team player
- Emergency cover
- Operating Theatre
- Digital X-Ray
- Isolation Unit
- In-house Laboratory
- Dental X-Ray
- Salary: 35,000 - 55,000 Pro Rata
- Holiday allowance: 4 weeks including Bank Holiday and Birthday leave
- Workplace Pension Scheme
- CPD: Generous Allowance
- Certificates funded and supported
- Healthcare Scheme
- Rewards: Exclusive colleague rewards including discounts with High Street retailers and restaurants
- Staff Bonus Scheme
- Memberships: Paid memberships (RCVS, VDS and BVA)
- Staff Discount
RCVS registered and qualified
Possess the right to work in the United Kingdom.
Excellent communication skills
1 years' post-grad UK experience
What happens next?
If you would like to be considered for this role, please apply with your latest CV.
Alternatively, contact us to find out more details or to have a confidential discussion about this or other opportunities.
T: 0333 014 7374
Office hours are 8.30am - 6.00pm or email us outside of these hours and we will respond ASAP.
Vet Seekers act as an employment business and an employment agency for the supply of Locum and permanent staff for the veterinary industry throughout the UK and overseas.