£35,000 - £55,000
Full time / Permanent
We are recruiting for a permanent veterinary surgeon to join a practice in South Shields on a full or part time basis.
This is a purpose-built practice with state-of-the-art equipment and services. This practice offers the Veterinary Surgeon an opportunity for their next career development step along with future partnership opportunities.
The practice requires a confident and ambitious surgeon who will help drive the practice forward. They must be confident in all routine surgical and medical cases and happy with some sole charge work (which is supported by a nursing team).
- Type: Small Animal
- Hours: Monday - Friday full or part time hours available
- Weekends: Yes on a rota
- Sole Charge: Occasional
- OOH: None
- Branch work: None
- Team: 1 Vet 2 RVN, and support team
- Computer System: RX Works
- Consultations: 10 Minutes
- State of the Art equipment including Lab, Digital X Ray and Ultrasound
- Bright spacious air-conditioned practice with modern facilities
- Partnership opportunity available
- Career development step
- Offers an exciting workload to develop clinical knowledge and experience
- Offers a good work / life balance with negotiable working hours
- Certificates are encouraged and supported
- Offers clinical freedom and the ability to work up cases and see them through from start to finish.
- Practice provides clinical freedom for personal growth and development
- You will want to contribute to the practice enabling them to stay at the forefront of clinical thinking whilst also maintaining the ethos of providing a high standard of clinical care to all pets.
- You will be ambitious and looking to take the next step in your career
- Previous experience in a leadership role would be advantageous but not essential.
- You must have a strong work ethic and provide an excellent high standard of clinical service
- You will be confident in all areas of routine surgeries and medical cases
- You will be happy to work sole charge when required
- You will have excellent interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to develop a great rapport with both clients and staff.
- You will be a strong team player
This is a purpose-built practice built with state-of-the-art equipment with modern facilities and services.
- Emergency cover
- Operating Theatre
- Digital X-Ray
- Isolation Unit
- In-house Laboratory
- Blood pressure monitoring
- Hospital Ward
- Salary: 35,000 - 55,000 pro rata
- Holiday allowance: 4 Weeks Plus Bank Holiday and Birthday leave
- Workplace Pension Scheme
- CPD: Generous Allowance
- Certificates funded and supported
- Healthcare Scheme
- Rewards: Exclusive colleague rewards including discounts with High Street retailers and restaurants
- Staff Bonus Scheme
- Memberships: Paid memberships (RCVS, VDS and BVA)
- Staff Discount
RCVS registered and qualified
Possess the right to work in the United Kingdom.
Excellent communication skills
1 years' post-grad UK experience
What happens next?
If you would like to be considered for this role, please apply with your latest CV.
Alternatively, contact us to find out more details or to have a confidential discussion about this or other opportunities.
T: 0333 014 7374
Office hours are 8.30am - 6.00pm or email us outside of these hours and we will respond ASAP.
Vet Seekers act as an employment business and an employment agency for the supply of Locum and permanent staff for the veterinary industry throughout the UK and overseas.