We are recruiting for a permanent Veterinary Surgeon to join a small animal practice in Hucknall Nottingham. This is a full or part time position. There is a 1:2 Saturday rota however there are no Sundays and no OOH offering an excellent work / life balance.
The practice pride themselves on the fantastic clinical care of their patients and the customer service that they offer to their client, often going the extra mile for the personal touch. It is a very proactive forward-thinking practice and relatively new however they are recruiting due to continual growth and demand and have established an excellent local reputation.
It boasts state of the art equipment within house laboratory, Kennels and digital X-Ray.
They are located within a short walk to the town centre so close to local amenities and transport links.
About the role:
They are looking for an enthusiastic veterinary surgeon, someone who will come in an help the practice move forward further and share in this accomplishment. The surgeon needs to have excellent customer service skills and work well with others, and the ability to build rapport and solid working relationships with both clients and team members. The practice sees a varying case load so the surgeon will need to be adaptable and enjoy working in a varied environment. The practice will support and encourage areas of special interest so there is plenty of scope here for carer development and personal growth as well as been an integral part of a new modern growing practice.
if you enjoy clinical freedom and would like the right balance of autonomy and support then get in touch to find out more.
- Type: Small Animal
- Hours: Monday - Friday 4 days per week
- Weekends: 1:3 weekend rota
- Sole Charge: None
- OOH: None
- Branch work: None
- Computer System: RX Works
- Consultations: 15 Minutes
- Team: 2 Vet 2 RVN and support team
- New practice fully - growing client base
- Fully equipped in a modern and spacious environment
- State of the Art equipment
- Offers career progression / continual learning support
- Progressive forward-thinking practice
- Will support areas of special interest
- Offers a good work / life balance
- Offers clinical freedom and the ability to work up cases and see them through from start to finish.
- Offers opportunity to expand clinical skill set and knowledge
- Practice provides clinical freedom for personal growth and development
You will be comfortable in all areas of routine surgeries and medical cases
You will be ambitious and wanting to progress further
You will want to contribute to the practice enabling them to stay at the forefront of clinical thinking whilst also maintaining the ethos of providing a high standard of clinical care to all pets.
You will have excellent interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to develop a great rapport with both clients and staff.
You will be a strong team player
You must have a strong work ethic and provide an excellent high standard of clinical service
The practice is fully equipped to leading standards including:
- Emergency cover
- Operating Theatre
- Digital X-Ray
- Isolation Unit
- In-house Laboratory
- Separate Dog and Cat ward
- Salary: 35,000 - 50,000 pro rata
- Holiday allowance: 4 Weeks Plus Bank Holiday and Birthday leave
- Workplace Pension Scheme
- CPD: Generous Allowance
- Certificates funded and supported
- Healthcare Scheme
- Rewards: Exclusive colleague rewards including discounts with High Street retailers and restaurants
- Staff Bonus Scheme
- Memberships: Paid memberships (RCVS, VDS and BVA)
- Staff Discount
RCVS registered and qualified
Possess the right to work in the United Kingdom.
Excellent communication skills
1 years' post-grad UK experience
What happens next?
If you would like to be considered for this role, please apply with your latest CV.
Alternatively, contact us to find out more details or to have a confidential discussion about this or other opportunities.
T: 0333 014 7374
Office hours are 8.30am - 6.00pm or email us outside of these hours and we will respond ASAP.
Vet Seekers act as an employment business and an employment agency for the supply of Locum and permanent staff for the veterinary industry throughout the UK and overseas.
We are sorry but applications for this job have closed.