£35,000 - £55,000
Full time / Permanent
We are recruiting for a permanent Veterinary Surgeon to join a small animal practice in Edinburgh
The practice is expanding and are recruiting a full or part time surgeon to join their friendly team of 3 Vet, 5 RVNS, and supporting staff. The role offers 25 - 40 hours per week. There is no ooh.
The practice is located on the outskirts of Edinburgh with easy access to the City whilst also being out enjoying country / village life.
About the role
They are looking for a Veterinary Surgeon who has solid general surgical and medical experience. They must work well within a team, have excellent customer facing skills and able to establish working relationships easily. It is important that the Surgeon is committed to learning and wishes to expand their clinical skill set as there is a variety of cases along with more complex surgeries. They encourage and fully support post graduate qualifications so if the Vet has an area of special interest that they wish to pursue the practice will fund CPD and certificates.
- Type: Small Animal
- Hours: Monday - Friday 25 - 40 hours per week
- Weekends: On a rota Saturday 9am - 5pm Sunday 10am - 4pm
- Sole Charge: None
- OOH: None
- Branch work: None
- Computer System: RX Works
- Consultations: 10 Minutes
- Team: 3 Vet 5 RVNs, and support team
- State of the Art equipment
- Bright spacious air-conditioned practice with modern facilities
- Offers a wide variety of modern surgical and diagnostic facilities
- Great opportunity for a Surgeon with a surgical bias.
- Supportive friendly practice
- Offers a good work / life balance
- Offers clinical freedom and the ability to work up cases and see them through from start to finish.
- Practice provides clinical freedom for personal growth and development
- You must have a strong work ethic and provide an excellent high standard of clinical service
- You will be competent in all areas of routine surgeries and medical cases and sole charge.
- You will be a forward thinking pro-active veterinary surgeon
- You will want to contribute to the practice enabling them to stay at the forefront of clinical thinking whilst also maintaining the ethos of providing a high standard of clinical care to all pets.
- You will have excellent interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to develop a great rapport with both clients and staff.
- You will be a strong team player
- Emergency cover
- Operating Theatre
- Digital X-Ray
- Isolation Unit
- In-house Laboratory
- Nurse Clinics
- Separate Dog and Cat ward
- Hospitalization Facilities
- Salary: 35,000 - 50,000 pro rata commensurate with experience
- Holiday allowance: 4 weeks plus bank holiday rising with years of service
- Workplace Pension Scheme
- Private Healthcare
- CPD: Generous Allowance
- Certificates funded and supported
- Healthcare Scheme
- Rewards: Exclusive colleague rewards including discounts with High Street retailers and restaurants
- Staff Bonus Scheme
- Memberships: Paid memberships (RCVS, VDS and BVA)
- Staff Discount
RCVS registered and qualified
Possess the right to work in the United Kingdom.
Excellent communication skills
1 years' post-grad UK experience
What happens next?
If you would like to be considered for this role, please apply with your latest CV.
Alternatively, contact us to find out more details or to have a confidential discussion about this or other opportunities.
T: 0333 014 7374
Office hours are 8.30am - 6.00pm or email us outside of these hours and we will respond ASAP.
Vet Seekers act as an employment business and an employment agency for the supply of Locum and permanent staff for the veterinary industry throughout the UK and overseas.