£35,000 - £50,000
Full time / Permanent
We are recruiting for a Permanent Veterinary Surgeon to join a small animal practice in Denton Manchester. This is a full or part time role working 30 - 40 hours per week with a 1:2 Saturday rota from 9am - 1pm which is consulting only. There are no ooh requirements.
This is an established, busy first opinion practice which is located 5 miles outside of Manchester City Centre with good transport links. This is a purpose-built practice which is fully equipped, and they see a wide variety of cases.
The Vet would be joining a team of 2 Vets, 3 Nurses and non-clinical support team. they pride themselves on delivering a high standard of clinical care whilst creating a supportive and friendly environment to work in.
They are looking for a Vet who is confident in routine surgeries and consultations and happy with some occasional sole charge work. They will have excellent communication and customer service skills and enjoy building good working relationships with clients. They will enjoy working as pat of a team and all the variety that this position provides.
- Type: Small Animal
- Hours: Monday - Friday full or part time
- Weekends: 1:2 Saturdays 9am - 1pm consultations only
- Sole Charge: Some
- OOH: None
- Branch work: None
- Computer System: RX Works
- Consultations: 15 Minutes
- Team: 2 Vets 3 Nurses and support team.
- State of the Art equipment with all the latest technology
- Bright spacious air-conditioned practice with modern facilities
- Large team of highly experienced Surgeons
- Modern facilities
- Fully equipped with state-of-the-art equipment
- Offers opportunity to expand clinical skill set and knowledge with complex cases
- Practice provides clinical freedom for personal growth and development
- They offer care for physical and mental health wellbeing
- You will be forward thinking, ambitious and motivated Vet
- You will be confident in routine surgeries and consultations
- You will have an approachable, empathetic, and caring attitude
- You will be passionate about all aspects of your Veterinary Work
- You will be driven and ambitious
- You will be able to establish good working relationships with clients and be confident in all consultations
- You will contribute to the practice with ideas enabling them to stay at the forefront of clinical thinking whilst also maintaining the ethos of providing a high standard of clinical care to all pets.
- You will have excellent interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to develop a great rapport with both clients and staff.
- You will be a strong team player
The practice offers a wide range of modern veterinary services and facilities including
- Emergency cover
- Digital Radiography
- Operating Theatres
- Digital X-Ray
- Nurse Clinics
- Isolation Unit
- In-house Laboratory
- Separate Dog and Cat ward
- Salary: 35,000 - 50,000 commensurate to experience per annum
- Holiday allowance: 28 days annual leave increasing to 33 with service
- Workplace Pension Scheme
- CPD: Generous allowance
- Certificates encouraged and supported
- Private Healthcare Scheme
- Rewards: Exclusive colleague rewards including discounts with High Street retailers and restaurants
- Staff Bonus Scheme
- Memberships: Paid memberships (RCVS, VDS and BVA)
- Staff Discount
RCVS registered and qualified
Possess the right to work in the United Kingdom.
Excellent communication skills
1 years' post-grad UK experience
What happens next?
If you would like to be considered for this role, please apply with your latest CV.
Alternatively, contact us to find out more details or to have a confidential discussion about this or other opportunities.
T: 0333 014 7374
Office hours are 8.30am - 6.00pm or email us outside of these hours and we will respond ASAP.
Vet Seekers act as an employment business and an employment agency for the supply of Locum and permanent staff for the veterinary industry throughout the UK and overseas.