We are recruiting for a full or part time Veterinary Surgeon to join a practice in Aylesbury. The vacancy has arisen due to practice expansion and they seek a veterinary surgeon to join their experienced team. This position is either full or part time and a 1:4 weekend rota. There is no OOH required.
About the role:
The practice requires an experienced veterinary surgeon who is confident in routine surgeries and medical cases and who are also happy with some sole charge work where required. The practice encourages areas of special interest, the lead vet having a keen interest in orthopaedic surgery, so there is an opportunity for the surgeon to study towards a certificate. The role will involve a variety of cases each day and the surgeon is expected to deliver a high standard of clinical care and establish excellent working relationships with clients and fellow members of staff.
- Type: Small Animal
- Hours: Monday - Friday 9am - 7pm
- Weekends: Yes Saturday 9am - 5pm Sunday 10.30am - 3.30pm
- Sole Charge: Occasional
- OOH: None
- Branch work: None
- Computer System: RX Works
- Consultations: 10 Minutes
- Team: 5 Vet 4 RVN, 2 SVN and support team.
- State of the Art equipment including Lab, Digital X Ray, Pharmacy and Ultrasound
- Personal development supported and encouraged
- Large case load with plenty of scope to work towards a certificate
- Offers a good work / life balance
- Offering full or part time hours to suit
- Offers opportunity to expand clinical skill set and knowledge
- Practice provides clinical freedom for personal growth and development
- You will be competent in all areas of routine surgeries and medical cases
- You will be happy to work the occasional sole charge
- You will want to contribute to the practice enabling them to stay at the forefront of clinical thinking whilst also maintaining the ethos of providing a high standard of clinical care to all pets.
- You must have a strong work ethic and provide an excellent high standard of clinical service
- You will have excellent interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to develop a great rapport with both clients and staff.
The practice is fully equipped with state-of-the-art facilities and equipment including:
- Salary: 30,000 - 50,000 pro rata
- Holiday allowance: 4 Weeks Plus Bank Holiday and Birthday leave
- Workplace Pension Scheme
- CPD: Generous Allowance
- Certificates funded and supported
- Healthcare Scheme
- Rewards: Exclusive colleague rewards including discounts with High Street retailers and restaurants
- Staff Bonus Scheme
- Memberships: Paid memberships (RCVS, VDS and BVA)
- Staff Discount
- RCVS registered and qualified
- Possess the right to work in the United Kingdom.
- Excellent communication skills
- 1 years' post-grad UK experience
What happens next?
If you would like to be considered for this role, please apply with your latest CV.
Alternatively, contact us to find out more details or to have a confidential discussion about this or other opportunities.
T: 0333 014 7374
Office hours are 8.30am - 6.00pm or email us outside of these hours and we will respond ASAP.
Vet Seekers act as an employment business and an employment agency for the supply of Locum and permanent staff for the veterinary industry throughout the UK and overseas.
We are sorry but applications for this job have closed.