£18,000 - £20,000
Full time / Permanent
A small animal practice in Prestwich are recruiting a permanent full or part time Registered Veterinary Nurse to join their team. This role offers full time hours at 40 per week or part time 20 hours per week. There is a 1:3 weekend rota.
The role involves all aspects of general nursing from assisting the veterinary surgeon in theatre, looking after in patients, administering medications, greeting clients, dealing with client bookings, and adhering to practice protocols and polices.
The practice offers onsite parking and is local to all amenities and transport links.
They require an enthusiastic nurse who has a genuine passion for their work and delivers a high standard of clinical care. The RVN must have good solid general nursing experience, work well as part of a team and have excellent customer service skills. It is vital that they will be able to work equally on their own, make appropriate decisions and be extremely organised.
- Type: Small Animal
- Hours: Full time 9am - 6pm 40 Hours per week
- Weekends: 1:3 weekend rota Saturday 9am - 6pm and Sunday 10.30am - 4.30pm
- OOH: None
- Sole Charge: None
- Computer System: RX Works
- Consultations: 10 Minutes
- Team: 3 Vet 4 RVN and support team
- Bright and spacious practice with air conditioning and all modern facilities
- Supportive and friendly practice
- CPD is actively encouraged and supported
- Offers excellent career development opportunities
- Excellent reputation within the community
- Is passionate about delivering a high standard of clinical care
- You will have excellent all-round nursing skills.
- You will be fun and hard working and work well within a team.
- You will work to deliver a high standard of clinical care and have a can-do attitude!
- You will have a motivated and passionate attitude
- You will have strong organisational skills
- You will have a genuine passion for animal welfare including preventative healthcare
- You will have excellent communications skills and be able to develop working relationships with clients and fellow members of staff
- Emergency cover
- Operating Theatre
- Digital X-Ray
- Isolation UnitIsolation Unit
- Blood Pressure Monitor
- In-house Laboratory
- Pet Passport
- Hospital Ward
- Salary: 18,000 - 20,000 Pro Rata
- Holiday allowance: 4 Weeks
- Pension: Contributory pension scheme available
- CPD: Additional training is actively encouraged - CPD support / funding of certificates for the right candidates - Negotiable
- Rewards: Exclusive colleague rewards including discounts with high street retailers and restaurants
- Memberships: Paid memberships (RCVS, VDS)
- Uniform: Branded uniform provided
- Discounts: Discounted veterinary care for your pets
- Other: Excellent career opportunities and development due to the varied case load
- More benefits available
RCVS registered and qualified
Possess the right to work in the United Kingdom.
Excellent communication skills
1 years' post-grad UK experience
What happens next?
If you would like to be considered for this role, please apply with your latest CV.
Alternatively, contact us to find out more details or to have a confidential discussion about this or other opportunities.
T: 0333 014 7374
Office hours are 8.30am - 6.00pm or email us outside of these hours and we will respond ASAP.
Vet Seekers act as an employment business and an employment agency for the supply of Locum and permanent staff for the veterinary industry throughout the UK and overseas.