£19,000 - £24,000
Full time / Permanent
We are recruiting for a permanent full or part time registered nurse to join a growing practice in Newcastle. The practice are expanding and now require someone to help them with their expansion and growing team. They are flexible on working hours during the week however there is a weekend rota of 1:3. There is no OOH.
This is an established practice with a growing client base. It is purpose built with state-of-the-art facilities and services available. It is close to local transport links and local amenities. The team comprises of 2 Vets, 3 RVN, 1 VCA and support staff. Staff development and support is valued to CPD and education for career progression is actively encouraged.
The role involves all aspects of general nursing ranging from:
Assisting the Veterinary surgeons in theatre
Taking client booking and greeting clients
Keeping accurate records
Complying with company policies and protocols
Record results from test
Looking after inpatients
They require an experienced Nurse, who can work not only as part of a team but well on their own and confident in making clinical decisions. A passion for animal welfare and a friendly proactive attitude along with excellent customer service skills are also key.
- Type: Small Animal
- Hours: Monday - Friday negotiable working hours full and part time available
- Weekends: 1:3 weekend rota
- OOH: None
- Sole Charge: None
- Computer System: RX Works
- Consultations: 10 Minutes
- Team: 2 Vet, 3 RVN, 1 VCA and support team
- Bright and spacious practice with air conditioning and all modern facilities
- Supportive and friendly practice
- CPD is actively encouraged and supported with funding for certificates
- Offers excellent career development opportunities
- Excellent reputation within the community
- Is passionate about delivering a high standard of clinical care
- Onsite parking available and within walking distance of transport links
- You will work to deliver a high standard of clinical care and have a can-do attitude!
- You will have good general nursing experience
- You will have a motivated and passionate attitude
- You will be confident in making decisions
- You will be self-motivated to work well individually when required but also as part of a team
- You will have strong organisational / administrative skills
- You will have a genuine passion for animal welfare
- You will have excellent communications skills
- Emergency cover
- Operating Theatre
- Digital X-Ray
- Isolation UnitIsolation Unit
- Blood Pressure Monitor
- In-house Laboratory
- Hospital Ward
- Salary: 19,000 - 24,000 Pro Rata
- Holiday allowance: 4 weeks and Birthdays off
- Pension: Contributory pension scheme available
- CPD: Generous allowance
- Funded Certificates
- Rewards: Exclusive colleague rewards including discounts with high street retailers and restaurants
- Memberships: Paid memberships (RCVS, VDS)
- Income protection
- Uniform: Branded uniform provided
- Discounts: Discounted veterinary care for your pets
- Other: Excellent career opportunities and development due to the varied case load
- More benefits available
RCVS registered and qualified
Possess the right to work in the United Kingdom.
Excellent communication skills
1 years' post-grad UK experience
What happens next?
If you would like to be considered for this role, please apply with your latest CV.
Alternatively, contact us to find out more details or to have a confidential discussion about this or other opportunities.
T: 0333 014 7374
Office hours are 8.30am - 6.00pm or email us outside of these hours and we will respond ASAP.
Vet Seekers act as an employment business and an employment agency for the supply of Locum and permanent staff for the veterinary industry throughout the UK and overseas.