A small Animal Practice in Lincoln are recruiting a permanent full or part time registered nurse to join their team.
The practice offers this position with flexible hours working between 24 and 40 per week. Shifts are working 8 hours per day with one-hour unpaid break. There is a 1:4 weekend rota. They will also accept applications from newly qualified veterinary nurses. This is an ideal opportunity for an RVN to develop their skill set and knowledge in a supportive practice where there is generous CPD and areas of special interest are encouraged.
This is a modern purpose-built practice with state-of-the-art equipment. It has all the mods cons along with onsite parking.
They require an RVN with a genuine passion for animal welfare. This position offers the RVN an opportunity to reach their full potential, so they are looking for an RVN with career aspirations. The role involves all aspects of general nursing from taking blood samples, assisting the vet in surgery, taking X-rays to carrying out nurse clinics (giving second vaccinations, weight clinics and pre and post op checks).
- Type: Small Animal
- Hours: Monday - Friday 9am - 6pm 40 hours per week
- Weekends: 1:4 weekend rota Saturday 8am - 6.30pm Sunday 10.15am - 4.45pm
- OOH: None
- Sole Charge: None
- Computer System: RX Works
- Consultations: 10 Minutes
- Team: 5 Vet 5 RVN and support team
- Bright and spacious practice with air conditioning and all modern facilities
- Supportive and friendly practice
- CPD is actively encouraged and supported
- Offers excellent career development opportunities
- Excellent reputation within the community
- Is passionate about delivering a high standard of clinical care
- You will have excellent all-round nursing skills.
- You will be fun and hard working and work well within a team.
- You will work to deliver a high standard of clinical care and have a can-do attitude!
- You will have a motivated and passionate attitude
- You will have strong organisational skills
- You will have a genuine passion for animal welfare including preventative healthcare
- You will have excellent communications skills and be able to develop working relationships with clients and fellow members of staff
- Emergency cover
- Operating Theatre
- Digital X-Ray
- Isolation UnitIsolation Unit
- Blood Pressure Monitor
- In-house Laboratory
- Pet Passport
- Hospital Ward
- Salary: 21,000 - 24,000 Pro Rata
- Holiday allowance: 4 Weeks
- Pension: Contributory pension scheme available
- CPD: CPD funded 500 and 15 hours paid leave to attend
- Rewards: Exclusive colleague rewards including discounts with high street retailers and restaurants
- Memberships: Paid memberships (RCVS, VDS)
- Uniform: Branded uniform provided
- Discounts: Discounted veterinary care for your pets
- Other: Excellent career opportunities and development due to the varied case load
- More benefits available
RCVS registered and qualified
Possess the right to work in the United Kingdom.
Excellent communication skills
1 years' post-grad UK experience
What happens next?
If you would like to be considered for this role, please apply with your latest CV.
Alternatively, contact us to find out more details or to have a confidential discussion about this or other opportunities.
T: 0333 014 7374
Office hours are 8.30am - 6.00pm or email us outside of these hours and we will respond ASAP.
Vet Seekers act as an employment business and an employment agency for the supply of Locum and permanent staff for the veterinary industry throughout the UK and overseas.
We are sorry but applications for this job have closed.