£30,000 - £50,000 Pro rata
Full time / Permanent
A small Animal practice in Burgess Hill are recruiting for a consulting veterinary surgeon to join their large friendly team.
The role is very flexible in terms of working hours. Primarily it will be one day per week consulting along with a weekend rota of 1 per month or several Sundays. Again, this is negotiable. The practice requires a surgeon who provides the best standard of care and prepared to go that extra mile. They have a highly experienced team of 6 Vet, 7 RVN, 1 SVN and 2 ANAs. There are a few of the team members currently studying towards a certificate. There is plenty of support and encouragement offered to a surgeon who has areas of special interest.
This is a purpose-built spacious practice with state-of-the-art equipment.
The Vet must have good general medical skills, be able to handle a busy case load and work well with others. They would also be required to mentor graduates in supporting their clinical development. They must be committed to establishing excellent working relationships both with clients and fellow team members.
This position is negotiable in terms of working hours so if you are interested in working as part of a large experienced team, with an exciting caseload whilst maintaining a good work / life balance then please get in touch with us.
- Type: Small Animal
- Hours: Monday - Friday Hours are negotiable minimum 1 day per week consulting
- Weekends: 1 per month or several Sundays. Weekend practice hours are - Saturday and Sunday 8am - 8pm
- Sole Charge: No
- OOH: None
- Branch work: None
- Computer System: RX Works
- Consultations: 10 Minutes
- Team: 6 Vet 4 RVN, 1 SVN 2 ANAs and support team
- State of the Art equipment including Lab, Digital X Ray, Pharmacy and Ultrasound
- Bright spacious air-conditioned practice with modern facilities
- Established practice with a growing client base
- Large supportive team
- Offers career development for a recently graduated veterinary surgeon
- Offers an exciting varied case load
- Offers a good work / life balance - negotiable hours
- Offers opportunity to expand clinical skill set and knowledge
- Practice provides clinical freedom for personal growth and development
- You must have a strong work ethic and provide an excellent high standard of clinical service
- You will have good general medical skills
- You will want to contribute to the practice enabling them to stay at the forefront of clinical thinking whilst also maintaining the ethos of providing a high standard of clinical care to all pets.
- You will have excellent interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to develop a great rapport with both clients and staff.
- You will be a strong team player
- Emergency cover
- Operating Theatre
- Digital X-Ray
- Isolation Unit
- In-house Laboratory
- Dental X-Ray
- Salary: 30,000 - 50,000 Pro Rata
- Holiday allowance: 4 weeks including Bank Holiday and Birthday leave
- Workplace Pension Scheme
- CPD: Generous Allowance
- Certificates funded and supported
- Healthcare Scheme
- Rewards: Exclusive colleague rewards including discounts with High Street retailers and restaurants
- Staff Bonus Scheme
- Memberships: Paid memberships (RCVS, VDS and BVA)
- Staff Discount
RCVS registered and qualified
Possess the right to work in the United Kingdom.
Excellent communication skills
1 years' post-grad UK experience
What happens next?
If you would like to be considered for this role, please apply with your latest CV.
Alternatively, contact us to find out more details or to have a confidential discussion about this or other opportunities.
T: 0333 014 7374
Office hours are 8.30am - 6.00pm or email us outside of these hours and we will respond ASAP.
Vet Seekers act as an employment business and an employment agency for the supply of Locum and permanent staff for the veterinary industry throughout the UK and overseas.