We are recruiting for a Permanent Farm Animal Veterinary Surgeon to join a practice in Dungannon, Northern Ireland. This role is full time.
This is a large fully equipped practice with a large specialised team which provide small, farm, pig, poultry and equine veterinary services across a large area in Northern Ireland. They are now looking for an additional Farm animal Vet to join their team.
The practice is fully equipped with state-of-the-art facilities including Ultrasound, In house laboratory, ECG, digital radiography, numerous Endoscopes, dental suite facilities and blood pressure monitoring. They provide a full range of orthopaedic, cardiology, internal medicine, soft tissue, ophthalmology, cancer treatment, internal medicine, dermatology, and respiratory services within their small animal department.
On the farm animal side, they offer services for Dairy, Beef and Sheep services. They offer a forward-thinking approach to welfare, health and production in Beef and Dairy herds and flocks. They offer a 24-hour response service and have 5 Vets on call as a minimum each night. They provide a full range of services which also include advanced breeding, foot trimming, farm training, nutritional advice along with an internal lab for fast diagnostic results.
On the Equine side they offer services including vaccinations, AI reproductive medicine and embryo transfer, passport, certification and microchipping, internal medicine, dentistry, and lameness examinations. They have a full emergency cover team of Vets that provide 24-hour cover.
They provide a full range of Pig facilities and service from eliminating diseases, disease control, pig welfare, managing population, production advice and advice on pig husbandry and production systems. They have a dedicated and highly trained Veterinary Team of 3 Vets. Over the years they have established and excellent reputation for their services and expertise that they offer to their clients.
The Poultry department has gained a fantastic local reputation over 10 years and is known for maximizing productivity, growth, and health of folks. They offer a wide range of services and expertise in meat poultry sector, free range, pedigree, hobby poultry and game bird medicine and husbandry.
About the role
The role will involve a mixture of clinical work with dairy, beef, sheep herds including reproductive requirements - fertility and scanning, disease investigations and health plans etc. The role offers the Vet clinical freedom and an excellent opportunity to grow their own client base and develop their clinical skills.
Ideally the Vet will have some level of previous experience and it is important that they are able to work individually within the existing team of Vets. They will have excellent client facing skills and communication skills and be able to build client relationships easily. They are looking for someone with a positive, enthusiastic attitude and someone who is proactive. Professional development is encouraged and supported, and all Vets are encouraged to share clinical cases and best practice.
- Type: Farm animal
- Hours: Full time
- Weekends: On a rota
- OOH: On a rota
- Team: Large mixed veterinary team
- Consultations: N/A
- Established mixed animal veterinary clinic with multiple branches
- Offers a wide range of small, farm, pig, poultry and equine veterinary services
- State of the art diagnostic and treatment facilities
- 24hr care provided
- Large highly experienced team of veterinary surgeons, nurses and supporting staff with various areas of special interest
- Provides state of the art equipment and facilities with veterinary expertise in internal medicine, surgery, dentistry, rehabilitation, surgery and more
- Fantastic career development opportunities available
- Offers a fantastic work-life balance
- Growing practice
- Large loyal client base
- Offer a competitive salary package
- Offers career progression with support
- Excellent reputation within the community
- Large supportive veterinary team
- Various of levels of experience apply however the vet will be able to work individually within the team
- They Vet should be passionate about farm animal work
- You will always deliver and be committed to providing a high standard of clinical care
- You will have an enthusiastic and caring attitude
- You will be able to build strong solid working relationships with your clients
- Youi will have strong communication skills and organisational skills
- You will work well under pressure with a calm and confident manner
- You will have excellent people management skills
- A kind and empathetic attitude is essential
- You will be ambitious to continue your professional development
- You will be a team player
- Areas of special interest would be an advantage
- You will have excellent customer facing skills
- You will work well within the team alongside other veterinary specialists and clinicians
- You will be a passionate and motivated veterinary surgeon with a genuine interest for animal welfare
The practice offers a wide range of modern veterinary services, technology and diagnostic equipment for small animal, farm and equine animals, including:
- Soft tissue
- Internal medicine
- Arthroscopy services
- Cancer treatments
- Blood pressure monitoring
- State-of-the-art surgical suite facilities
- Digital X-ray
- Dental X-ray
- In-house laboratory
- Nurse clinics
- Hospitalisation facilities
- Salary: 35,000 to 55,000 per annum, commensurate to experience
- Holidays: 28 days annual leave including bank holidays
- CPD: Generous allowance
- Memberships: RCVS and VDS fees paid
- Cycle to work scheme
- Enhanced holidays with a buy and sell scheme
- Enhanced maternity and paternity pay
- Exclusive company discounts and rewards
- Workplace pension scheme
- Health Insurance scheme
- Staff discount
RCVS registered and qualified or soon to be
Possess the right to work in the United Kingdom
Have excellent verbal and written communication skills
What happens next?
CLICK APPLY NOW or if you have any pre-application questions or if this role is not quite right for you, please contact the Vet Seekers team (details below) to discuss your veterinary career aspirations further.
Please quote job reference: 12894
T: 0333 014 7374
Please note: All communications and applications are treated in the strictest confidence. When it comes to your privacy, as an ethical veterinary recruiter we do not send your details anywhere without your permission.
Vet Seekers was established in 2016 and is a multi-award-winning specialist veterinary recruitment agency (2019, 2020, 2021) and acts as an employment business for the supply of locum and permanent staff for the veterinary industry across the UK and overseas.
Vet Seekers is fully compliant with GDPR, is ICO registered and our team are REC accredited. As a business, we take sustainability, environmental impact and our carbon footprint very seriously and have committed to plant trees for every permanent and locum veterinary superstar we find work for, as well as every referral we receive.
Refer: If this position is not for you but you know someone who may be interested, pass this advert on to them or ask them to get in contact with us. As a thank you, we will plant 50 trees on your behalf.
Search over 1,000 veterinary jobs here: https://tinyurl.com/Vet-Seekers
Thanks from the Vet Seekers team.
We are sorry but applications for this job have closed.