Full time / Permanent
We are currently recruiting a permanent Veterinary Surgeon to join an independent small animal practice in Ipswich on a full-time basis. This role would suit a veterinary surgeon with at least a few years post graduate experience who is looking to expand on their surgical skills and help a practice develop the service they provide.
This is a full-time position working a 4 and half day week (set half a day off each week) with the usual working hours of 8:45am until 6:00pm each day. Weekends are well spread out with the current rota meaning you work just 1 in 10 full weekends. No out of hours or evening work is required as the practice have a dedicated night team.
- Small animal only
- 4.5 day week working Monday to Friday with 1 in 10 weekends on a rota basis
- No out of hours/evenings required
- No sole charge work required
- 15 minute consultations
- Based mainly at one site with rare branch work to cover holidays & sickness
- Ideally you will have at least 2 years post graduate experience
- A keen surgical interest would be essential for this position
- Excellent client care skills
- Strong communication skills
- A desire to complete a certificate and grow your overall veterinary knowledge
- Ideally you will have a driving license however this is not essential
An independent well-established veterinary practice in the Ipswich area with a clear aim to provide a professional caring service to all clients and animals. They see a variety of clients from small to equine animal and also provide a full out of hours emergency service. They have a full range of diagnostic facilities which include an in house laboratory, full dental equipment, x-ray machine, ultrasound, ECG and well equipped operating theatre. They have a well balanced team which includes experienced vets with multiple certificates as well as those recently graduated and beginning their career.
- Salary: 40,000-50,000 depending on experience
- Excellent company pension
- 23 days holiday per annum
- Generous CPD package with support throughout the year
- Career development opportunities
- Certificates supported
- RCVS and VDS fees paid
- Exclusive company discounts and rewards
- RCVS registered and qualified
- Possess the right to work in the United Kingdom
- Excellent communication skills
- 2+ years' post-grad UK experience
What happens next?
If you would like to be considered for this role, please apply with your latest CV. Alternatively, contact us to find out more details or to have a confidential discussion about this or other opportunities.
T: 0333 014 7374
Office hours are 8.30am - 7.00pm or email us outside of these hours and we will respond ASAP.
Vet Seekers act as an employment business and an employment agency for the supply of Locum and permanent staff for the veterinary industry throughout the UK and overseas.