Up to £65,000
Full time / Permanent
We are recruiting for a permanent full time Senior Equine Veterinary Surgeon to join a practice in Taunton Somerset.
This is a full-time role working 4.5 days per week. There is a 1:4 on call rota which also includes weekends. The Senior Vet would be joining a team of 4 Vets. They are proud to have a very low staff turnover and many of the staff members have been with the practice a long time.
The practice is a first opinion ambulatory equine practice, and they have a purpose-built equine clinic which offers in patients stabling and treatment rooms, operating theatre and a wide range of portable equipment. They have a large and longstanding client base with hunters and competition horses and hackers and companions.
They are looking for an experienced equine Vet with at least 7 years post qualification under their belt. Ideally, they would be a certificate holding Equine Vet but this is not essential. Good surgical skills would also be ideal as they offer a state-of-the-art surgical suite. They will have a motivated and can-do attitude and enjoy establishing good working relationships with their clients and build up their client base. Excellent communication skills are also key. This is an exciting opportunity for a Vet to develop the role over time and expand into the business side of things should they wish to do so.
- Type: Equine Vet
- Hours: Full time 4.5 days per week
- Weekends: Yes 1:4
- OOH: 1:4 on call
- Sole Charge: Some
- Team: 4 Vet and support team
- Consultations: N/A
- Established forward-thinking Practice
- Supportive and friendly team
- Offers an excellent work / life balance
- Comprises of a team of highly experienced surgeons - one currently studying towards a certificate in exotic animals
- Experienced Equine Vets
- Provides a vast range of modern Equine veterinary services, equipment and facilities
- Excellent reputation within the community
- Offers opportunity to develop the role into the business side of things
- Focused on proactive healthcare and educating clients on equine health
- Friendly and motivated team in place
- Practice provides clinical freedom for personal growth and development
- You will be an experienced Equine Veterinary Surgeon
- Minimum of 7 years post qualification
- You will be confident in Equine Surgery
- You will always deliver a high standard of clinical care
- You will be motivated and ambitious to grow your own client bases
- You will have excellent customer facing skills
- You will work well within the team alongside other veterinary specialists and clinicians
- You will be a passionate and motivated veterinary surgeon with a genuine interest for animal welfare
- Ideally you will be a certificate holding equine surgeon or working towards a certificate
- The Equine clinic offer a wide range of modern equine services.
- Surgical facilities include Airway Operations, Wound Repairs, Skingrafting, Laser surgery, Arthroscopies and joint flushes.
- Full in patient care facilities for up to 7 horses at one time
- State of the art reproduction treatments
- State of the art diagnostic equipment including:
- Ultrasound scanners for soft tissue injuries and reproductive work
- DR digital x-ray system for lameness and skeletal injuries
- In house laboratory
- Salary up to 65,000 commensurate to experience negotiable
- CPD allowance
- Generous Holiday Allowance
- Certificates funded and supported
- RCVS and VDS fees paid
- Exclusive company discounts and rewards
- Workplace Pension Scheme
- Health Insurance scheme
- Staff Discount
RCVS Registered & Qualified or soon to be.
Possess the right to work in the United Kingdom.
Have excellent verbal / written communication skills
What happens next?
CLICK APPLY NOW or if you have any pre-application questions or if this role is not quite right for you, please contact the VS Team (details below) to discuss your veterinary career aspirations further.
Please quote job reference: 7505
T: 0333 014 7374
Please note: All communications and applications are treated in the strictest confidence. When it comes to your privacy, as an ethical veterinary recruiter we do not send your details anywhere without your permission.
Vet Seekers established in 2016 and are a Multi-Award Winning Specialist Veterinary Recruitment Agency (2019, 2020, 2021) and act as an employment business & an employment agency for the supply of locum and permanent staff for the veterinary industry across the UK and Overseas.
Vet Seekers is fully compliant with GDPR, is ICO registered along with our team being REC accredited. As a business Vet Seekers takes sustainability, environmental and carbon impact very seriously and have committed to plant trees for every permanent and locum veterinary superstar we find work for, as well as every referral we receive.
Refer: If this position is not for you but you know someone who may be interested, pass this advert on to them or ask them to get in contact with us. As a thank you we will plant 50 trees on your behalf.
Search over 1000 veterinary jobs here: https://tinyurl.com/Vet-Seekers
Thanks from all the Vet Seekers team.