£30,000 - £40,000
Full time / Permanent
A mixed animal practice in Aylesbury are recruiting a permanent full-time equine surgeon to join their equine clinical team. This role is working around the Aylesbury, Buckinghamshire area. The role is varied from leisure horse owners to racing stables and international renowned studs. They are looking for a veterinary surgeon with strong interpersonal skills so able to build strong working relationships easily with clients and with fellow team members.
This is a full-time role however they will look at part time applications. There is a 1:4 rota so it is important that both the full time or part time vet can do the 1:4 rota.
- Type: Equine
- Hours: Monday - Friday 8.30am - 5.30pm
- Weekends: 1:4
- OOH: None
- Sole Charge: Yes
- Team: Large Multi Vet Team
- Consultations: 15 Minutes
The practice is a mixed animal practice which is well established and has both a small animal hospital as well as a farm animal headquarters.
The equine side of the practice was established back in 2005 and provides a dedicated and specialised surgical and hospitalisation facilities for horses where they be hunters, racehorses, ponies or leisure horses.
- You will always deliver a high standard of clinical care
- You will have excellent customer facing skills and establish good working relationships with clients and fellow team members.
- You will have a good understanding / experience in the below
- Loading and unloading ramps
- 8 large boxes/foaling boxes
- Operating theatre and examination facilities
- X-ray facilities
- Indoor and outdoor school
- Turn-out Paddocks
- FEI/JMB measurement facilities
- Dedicated trot up area
- Dedicated lunging areas
- Salary - 30,000.00 -40,000.00 Pro Rata
- Career development opportunities
- Holiday 28 Days plus bank holidays
- Company Bonus scheme
- CPD - 5 days 1,500 Allowance
- RCVS and VDS fees paid
- Exclusive company discounts and rewards
- Workplace Pension Scheme
- Health Insurance scheme
- Staff Discount
- RCVS registered and qualified
- Possess the right to work in the United Kingdom.
- Excellent communication skills
- 1 years' post-grad UK experience
What happens next?
If you would like to be considered for this role, please apply with your latest CV. Alternatively, contact us to find out more details or to have a confidential discussion about this or other opportunities.
T: 0333 014 7374
Office hours are 8.30am - 7.00pm or email us outside of these hours and we will respond ASAP.
Vet Seekers act as an employment business and an employment agency for the supply of Locum and permanent staff for the veterinary industry throughout the UK and overseas.