Veterinary Surgeon - Southampton, Hampshire
- Are you a qualified and RCVS registered veterinary surgeon or soon to be?
- Looking for a temporary fixed term contract in Hampshire?
- Are you looking to join a charity animal hospital?
- Do you want to be part of a large and supportive team?
Are you looking for...
- A great salary of up to £56,770 pro rata?
- 5 weeks annual leave plus bank holidays?
- A working week of 37.5 hours?
- No OOH work?
We are recruiting for a Veterinary Surgeon to join a charity hospital in Southampton. This role is full time on a fixed term contract. The role offer a 37.5 hours working week. There will be no OOH work or on-call duties.
This is a fast-paced veterinary hospital which sees a wide variety of cases offering the surgeon to develop their medical skill set and knowledge. They see more complex cases, so each day is different. They are passionate about educating the public on preventative healthcare, so it is vital that the surgeon shares this ethos.
Excellent communication skills and the ability to work well as part of a team is key. They require a surgeon who is competent at routine surgeries and consults but is looking to continue their professional development.
- Type: Small animal
- Hours: Full time, 37.5 hours per week
- Weekends: None
- OOH: None
- Sole charge: None
- Branch work: N/A
- Team: Large veterinary hospital team
About the role:
- They are seeking a veterinary surgeon for the delivery of an efficient, professional, and caring service to all the hospitals clients and to provide a high standard of customer service and clinical care whilst also promoting pet wellbeing and delivering preventive services
- The hospital building is well equipped with plenty of consulting space allowing them to meet the demands of this busy small practice
- The caseload is very varied on a day to day basis
- They are a friendly welcoming team that are very supportive
- They aim to promote a healthy life for all their pets by preventing, educating, and treating sick and injured animals with passion and compassion
- Responsible for managing cases cost-effectively, encouraging financial contributions from clients
- As the UK's leading veterinary charity with 48 pet hospitals, they strive to improve animal lives through prevention, education and treatment
- Every year their dedicated vet teams carry out 2.7 million treatments on 470,000 pets
- Their national network of around 120 high street shops help us to provide these treatments through selling both donated and new goods
- They believe that they work better together, so their vets, volunteers, shop teams and office support colleagues are driven to the help improve the lives of every pet
- Salary: £43,230 - £56,770 pro rata per annum, commensurate to experience
- Holidays: 5 weeks annual leave plus bank holidays
- CPD: Generous allowance of 1,000 with 1 week to attend pro rata
- Memberships: RCVS fees paid
- Excellent career development opportunities
- Paid statutory holidays
- Travel allowance
- Life assurance 4x annual salary
- Contributory pension scheme
- Private medical insurance after 12 months service
RCVS registered and qualified or soon to be
Possess the right to work in the United Kingdom
Have excellent verbal and written communication skills
What happens next?
CLICK APPLY NOW or if you have any pre-application questions or if this role is not quite right for you, please contact the Vet Seekers team (details below) to discuss your veterinary career aspirations further.
Please quote job reference: 36230
T: 0333 014 7374
Please note: All communications and applications are treated in the strictest confidence. When it comes to your privacy, as an ethical veterinary recruiter we do not send your details anywhere without your permission.
Vet Seekers was established in 2016 and is a multi-award-winning specialist veterinary recruitment agency (2019, 2020, 2021, 2022) and acts as an employment business for the supply of locum and permanent staff for the veterinary industry across the UK and overseas.
Vet Seekers is fully compliant with GDPR, is ICO registered and our team are REC accredited. As a business, we take sustainability, environmental impact and our carbon footprint very seriously and have committed to plant trees for every permanent and locum veterinary superstar we find work for, as well as every referral we receive.
Refer: If this position is not for you but you know someone who could be interested, pass this advert on to them or ask them to get in contact with us. As a thank you, we will plant 50 trees on your behalf.
Thanks from the Vet Seekers team.
We are sorry but applications for this job have closed.