Up to £30,000 pro rata
Full time / Fixed Term
We have an opportunity for a Locum Veterinary Nurse to join a small animal practice in Peterborough on a fixed term basis for 12 months, starting in September.
This role will involve all aspects of nursing and you will be prepared to develop your skills by collaborating with the team. You will perform your nursing duties with confidence and competence to provide the gold standard of care to the practice's loyal clients by assisting vets in surgical procedures. You must have excellent attention to detail and organisational skills. Your nursing duties will involve managing the kennels, assisting in the operating theatre and consulting.
The role is full time for 40 hours per week, along with 1 in 5 weekends. There will be no OOH work or on-call duties.
Benefits of the role:
The practice provides a high standard of clinical care and pride themselves on having staff members who stand apart from the rest and have a real passion and vision for how they work. They provide ongoing training and support to all team members through dedicated training centres.
All staff also benefit from the access to the best diagnostic equipment such as MRI machines and CT scanners and state of the art operating theatres in their nearest state-of-the-art Animal Hospital.
- Type: Small animal
- Hours: Full time, 40 hours per week
- Weekends: 1 in 5 weekends
- OOH: None
- Branch work: N/A
- Computer system: Freedom
- Consultations: 15 minutes
- Team: 6 vets, 2 RVNs, 4 SVNs and a supportive non-clinical team
- Large community of highly skilled veterinary professionals
- Committed, forward thinking and deliver clinical excellence
- Offers continual training with professional development along with a dedicated training centre
- Provides advanced Veterinary diagnostic equipment including MRI machines and state of the art operating theatres
- Career progression opportunities available
- Provides continual ongoing training to ensure personal growth and development
- Provides state of the art diagnostic equipment
- You will have a friendly and compassionate attitude and be approachable
- You will demonstrate leadership qualities
- You will be passionate and focused on developing and supporting team members
- You will be looking for a role to take on more responsibility
- You will have a good amount of small animal nursing experience in all aspects of nursing
- You will be ambitious to continue with further education and training
- You will be forward thinking, motivated, passionate with a genuine interest in animal welfare
- You must be motivated and passionate about your work and share this and promote this ethos with other members of staff
- You will enjoy working as part of a team
- You will have a genuine passion for animal welfare
- You will consistently deliver a high standard of clinical care
- You will be caring, adaptable, hardworking, and reliable
- You will have excellent communication and customer interfacing skills
The practice is fully equipped with all the latest diagnostic equipment and there is a wide range of state-of-the-art services available, including:
- Fleas, ticks and worming treatments
- Nurse clinics
- Home visits
- In-house laboratory
- Keyhole surgery
- Laser surgery
- Salary: Up to 30,000 pro rata, commensurate to experience
- Holidays: 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- CPD: Generous allowance
- Memberships: RCVS and VDS fees paid
- Workplace pension scheme
- Access to a learning and development platform
- Access to employee assist programme
- Internal courses available ongoing
- Attendance bonus schemes
- Exclusive company discounts and rewards scheme
RCVS registered and qualified or soon to be
Possess the right to work in the United Kingdom
Have excellent verbal and written communication skills
What happens next?
CLICK APPLY NOW or if you have any pre-application questions or if this role is not quite right for you, please contact the Vet Seekers team (details below) to discuss your veterinary career aspirations further.
Please quote job reference: 14463
T: 0333 014 7374
Please note: All communications and applications are treated in the strictest confidence. When it comes to your privacy, as an ethical veterinary recruiter we do not send your details anywhere without your permission.
Vet Seekers was established in 2016 and is a multi-award-winning specialist veterinary recruitment agency (2019, 2020, 2021) and acts as an employment business for the supply of locum and permanent staff for the veterinary industry across the UK and overseas.
Vet Seekers is fully compliant with GDPR, is ICO registered and our team are REC accredited. As a business, we take sustainability, environmental impact and our carbon footprint very seriously and have committed to plant trees for every permanent and locum veterinary superstar we find work for, as well as every referral we receive.
Refer: If this position is not for you but you know someone who could be interested, pass this advert on to them or ask them to get in contact with us. As a thank you, we will plant 50 trees on your behalf.
Search over 1,000 veterinary jobs here: https://tinyurl.com/Vet-Seekers
Thanks from the Vet Seekers team.
We are sorry but applications for this job have closed.