Daily rates negotiable
Full time / Locum
We are working with a practice in Ealing who require a Locum Veterinary Surgeon. The role will start in February 2022 and will be ongoing for at least 3 months. The role is full time for 4 days per week with a mix of early and late finishes. You will finish at 7:15pm on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays and at 4:15pm on Tuesdays and Thursdays. The role will also involve working 1 in 5 Saturday mornings from 8:30am to 1pm at a nearby hospital and a full 1:5 weekend at the hospital close by. Details of weekends are further below.
The only OOH work will involve in-patient care. There is 1 in-patient Duty per week is when the nurses check the in-patients during the week with the vet available on the phone / to come in should they need advice/ or there is an unstable patient for example.
There is accommodation available above the practice. It is preferable that you have a car so that you can travel between the practice and the nearby hospital if required.
About the practice.
The practice comprises of a waiting room/reception, consulting room and small theatre to carry out all routine operations and minor procedures.
All the more complex surgeries are referred to their nearby Hospital branch.
Who are they looking for:
The Vet must be confident with all usual consults and surgery - including un-assisted bitch spays. Telephone support can be given from the vets at the nearby hospital.
- Type: Small Animal
- Start Date: February 2022
- End Date: Ongoing
- Hours: Full time, 4 days per week on a rota, Monday, Wednesday and Friday are 9am - 7.15pm Tuesday and Thursday are 9am - 4.15pm
- 1 day off per week and within a 5 week rota the day is usually 3 x Tuesdays,1 x Thursday, 1 x Friday but can vary depending on staff availability
- Weekends: 1:5 Saturday mornings 8.30am - 1pm
- 1:5 full weekends which comprise of working at a branch surgery in Ruislip from 8.30am - 6pm and OOH service take over at 5pm but the Vet will have in patient duty until Monday at 8.30am.
- Sundays in practice from 8.30am - 12pm and then vet organises their own time and checks according to clinical need. There is a nurse on duty to assist if required.
- OOH: In-patient care only
- Sole charge: No
- Branch Work: Yes, on weekends at the Hospital
- Accommodation: Yes provided above the branch practice where the Vet will mainly be working
- Duties: Surgeries and consulting
- Computer: Bespoke
- Rates: Daily rate negotiable
- Other: A car is preferable allowing for travel between branch surgery and Hospital
RCVS Registered & Qualified or soon to be.
Possess the right to work in the United Kingdom.
Have excellent verbal / written communication skills
What happens next?
CLICK APPLY NOW or if you have any pre-application questions or if this role is not quite right for you, please contact the VS Team (details below) to discuss your veterinary career aspirations further.
Please quote job reference: 9963
T: 0333 014 7374
Please note: All communications and applications are treated in the strictest confidence. When it comes to your privacy, as an ethical veterinary recruiter we do not send your details anywhere without your permission.
Vet Seekers established in 2016 and are a Multi-Award-Winning Specialist Veterinary Recruitment Agency (2019, 2020, 2021) and act as an employment business & an employment agency for the supply of locum and permanent staff for the veterinary industry across the UK and Overseas.
Vet Seekers is fully compliant with GDPR, is ICO registered along with our team being REC accredited. As a business Vet Seekers takes sustainability, environmental and carbon impact very seriously and have committed to plant trees for every permanent and locum veterinary superstar we find work for, as well as every referral we receive.
Refer: If this position is not for you but you know someone who may be interested, pass this advert on to them or ask them to get in contact with us. As a thank you we will plant 50 trees on your behalf.
Search over 1000 veterinary jobs here: https://tinyurl.com/Vet-Seekers
Thanks from all the Vet Seekers team.