We are recruiting for a locum veterinary surgeon to join an independent practice in North London from the 10th Jnauary on an ongoing basis. They are looking for a locum vet to cover a minimum of 4 weeks whilst they recruit a permanent member of the team and therefore the role could be extended.
The practice offers a referral service so has visiting specialists in Cardiology, Ultrasongraphy, orthopaedic and soft tissue.
This is a client driven practice offering a high standard of customer and clinical care. They prioritise client and patient time by offering long consultations of 20 - 30 minutes and have a lower volume of procedures each day to ensure the continuation of a high standard of care. They offer a bespoke service to their clients and an individual approach.
The role will include mainly consulting and routine surgeries as more complex cases will be seen by the lead vet.
- Type: Small Animal
- Start: 10th January
- End: Minimum period of 4 weeks
- Hours:Full-time, 4 day week - Wednesdays off
- Weekdays: 9am to 7pm with 1 hour for lunch
- Weekends: 1:3 Saturdays 9am - 6pm
- Lieu: Time off in lieu after working a weekend
- OOH: None
- Sole Charge: Some - odd Saturdays and rarely weekdays
- Consultations: 20 - 30 Minute appointment times
- Team: 4 Vet 2 RVN and supporting team
- Established Veterinary Independent practice
- 1st Opinion and referral practice with visiting specialists
- Large highly experienced team of Veterinary surgeons, Nurses and supporting staff with various areas of special interest
- Provides state of the art equipment and facilities with veterinary expertise in internal medicine, surgery, dentistry, rehabilitation, surgery and more
- Client driven practice offering an excellent bespoke service to all its clients
- Offers excellent customer service and has an excellent reputation within the community
- You will be comfortable with routine surgeries and consults
- You will enjoy building client relations and being a clinical veterinary surgeon
- You must have excellent customer facing skills, empathy, work well as part of a team and have a genuine passion for animal welfare.
Facilities: The practice offers a wide variety of veterinary services, equipment, and facilities as well as vising referral specialists.
- Consulting rooms and Operating Theatre
- In House Laboratory
- Ultrasound, Endoscope and bronchoscope
- Ocular Equipment
- X - Ray
- Dental Suite
- Separate waiting rooms and wards for dogs and cats
- Blood pressure monitoring
RCVS Registered & Qualified or soon to be.
Possess the right to work in the United Kingdom.
Have excellent verbal / written communication skills
What happens next?
CLICK APPLY NOW or if you have any pre-application questions or if this role is not quite right for you, please contact the VS Team (details below) to discuss your veterinary career aspirations further.
Please quote job reference: 8547
T: 0333 014 7374
Please note: All communications and applications are treated in the strictest confidence. When it comes to your privacy, as an ethical veterinary recruiter we do not send your details anywhere without your permission.
Vet Seekers established in 2016 and are a Multi-Award Winning Specialist Veterinary Recruitment Agency (2019, 2020, 2021) and act as an employment business & an employment agency for the supply of locum and permanent staff for the veterinary industry across the UK and Overseas.
Vet Seekers is fully compliant with GDPR, is ICO registered along with our team being REC accredited. As a business Vet Seekers takes sustainability, environmental and carbon impact very seriously and have committed to plant trees for every permanent and locum veterinary superstar we find work for, as well as every referral we receive.
Refer: If this position is not for you but you know someone who may be interested, pass this advert on to them or ask them to get in contact with us. As a thank you we will plant 50 trees on your behalf.
Search over 1000 veterinary jobs here: https://tinyurl.com/Vet-Seekers
Thanks from all the Vet Seekers team.
We are sorry but applications for this job have closed.