6 to 12 months
£35,000 to £50,000 pro rata
Full time / Maternity Cover
We are recruiting on behalf of a practice in Cirencester for a Locum Veterinary Surgeon to provide maternity leave cover. This role is full time working 40 hours per week from 9am to 6pm with one regular weekday off each week and 1 in 4 Saturdays. There will be no OOH work or on-call duties.
The practice is looking for a passionate, forward thinking veterinary surgeon who is looking to progress with their career. The vet will be experienced, enthusiastic and self-motivated. They will have a good general surgical and medical skills and be confident in their clinical decision making. They will also be confident working sole charge.
They have a large and growing client base with a variety of cases, and they also have a visiting orthopaedic surgeon. They pride themselves on providing healthcare with a low stress methods and are passionate about educating pet owners on their animals wellbeing.
This is a bright and modern practice which is fully equipped with facilities including digital x-ray and dental x-ray, ultrasound, in house laboratory, scenography and separate dog and cat wards.
- Type: Small animal
- Hours: Full time, 40 hours per week
- Weekends: 1 in 4 Saturdays
- Sole charge: Yes
- OOH: None
- Branch work: None
- Computer system: RX Works
- Consultations: 15 minutes
- Team: 4 vets, 3 RVNs, 1 SVN and a supportive non-clinical team
- Offers a wide range of modern veterinary services
- Supportive and friendly practice
- Offers flexible working hours
- Offers funding for a certificate and supports areas of special interest
- Part of a large nationwide network of practices
- Fully equipped with state-of-the-art equipment
- Offers opportunity to expand clinical skill set and knowledge with the varied case load
- Practice provides clinical freedom for personal growth and development
- They offer care for physical and mental health wellbeing
- You will be forward thinking, ambitious and motivated vet
- You will be comfortable in most routine surgeries and consultations
- You will have an approachable, empathetic, and caring attitude
- Ideally will have ambition to pursue an area of special interest
- You will be passionate about all aspects of your Veterinary Work
- You will be happy to share knowledge and mentor others where required
- You will be able to establish good working relationships with clients and be confident in all consultations
- You will contribute to the practice with ideas enabling them to stay at the forefront of clinical thinking whilst also maintaining the ethos of providing a high standard of clinical care to all pets.
- You will have excellent interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to develop a great rapport with both clients and staff.
- You will be a strong team player
The practice offers a wide range of modern veterinary services and facilities, including
- Emergency cover
- Operating theatres
- Digital X-ray
- Nurse clinics
- Isolation unit
- In-house laboratory
- Separate cat and dog wards
- Salary: 35,000 to 50,000 pro rata, commensurate to experience
- Holidays: 28 days annual leave including bank holidays
- CPD: Generous allowance
- Memberships: Professional fees paid
- Workplace pension scheme
- Life assurance 4x annual salary
- Certificates encouraged and supported
- Private healthcare scheme
- Rewards: Exclusive colleague rewards including discounts with High Street retailers and restaurants
- Staff bonus scheme
- Staff discount
RCVS registered and qualified or soon to be
Possess the right to work in the United Kingdom
Have excellent verbal and written communication skills
What happens next?
CLICK APPLY NOW or if you have any pre-application questions or if this role is not quite right for you, please contact the Vet Seekers team (details below) to discuss your veterinary career aspirations further.
Please quote job reference: 14454
T: 0333 014 7374
Please note: All communications and applications are treated in the strictest confidence. When it comes to your privacy, as an ethical veterinary recruiter we do not send your details anywhere without your permission.
Vet Seekers was established in 2016 and is a multi-award-winning specialist veterinary recruitment agency (2019, 2020, 2021) and acts as an employment business for the supply of locum and permanent staff for the veterinary industry across the UK and overseas.
Vet Seekers is fully compliant with GDPR, is ICO registered and our team are REC accredited. As a business, we take sustainability, environmental impact and our carbon footprint very seriously and have committed to plant trees for every permanent and locum veterinary superstar we find work for, as well as every referral we receive.
Refer: If this position is not for you but you know someone who may be interested, pass this advert on to them or ask them to get in contact with us. As a thank you, we will plant 50 trees on your behalf.
Search over 1,000 veterinary jobs here: https://tinyurl.com/Vet-Seekers
Thanks from the Vet Seekers team.
We are sorry but applications for this job have closed.