June 12 month contract from
£19,505 - £21,673 pro rata
Full time / Fixed Term
A charity Hospital in Bournemouth are recruiting a Veterinary Nurse to join their team. This is a Full time position on a 12 month fixed term contract. It offers a 37.5 hour working week.
The practice requires a Veterinary Nurse team who provides a high standard of customer and clinical care. Educating clients on pet healthcare and preventative health measures is vitally important so the Veterinary Nurse would be expected to share this ethos.
The Hospital is fully equipped with state-of-the-art facilities. The Nurse would be joining a team of 7 Vets, 8 Nurses and veterinary care assistants. The role offers all aspects of general nursing with the from assisting in theatre, to looking after in patients.
It provides a wide variety of cases and the opportunity for a Nurse to develop their clinical skill set and knowledge.
The practice is looking for a passionate and enthusiastic nurse who has a good level of nursing experience and shares their ethos of educating the public on preventative animal welfare. The role offers excellent opportunities for the nurse to develop their surgical and medical skills.
- Vet nurses shifts typically are from 8am - 4.30pm to 9.30am to 6pm
- 37.5 Hours per week - 12 months fixed term contract
- No OOH, as this is fully outsourced - Vets Now do night cover on site.
- The caseload is varied and would make a great opportunity for someone looking to further develop their skills.
- They have the work / life balance sorted and are flexible on the working hours
- Clinical staff typically work 1 in 4 Saturday mornings from 9-12 and receive time off in lieu the following week
- Pets and people at the heart of what they do UK wide
About the Role:
- The Nurse will be working as part of the team with a variety of duties from supporting the theatre, inpatient care, consults, admission, dispensing medications, maintaining hygiene and encouraging financial contributions.
- The hospital building is well equipped with plenty of consulting space allowing them to meet the demands of this busy small practice.
- The caseload is very varied on a day to day basis
- There is an opportunity to perform schedule three surgeries with training and support
- They are a friendly welcoming team that are very supportive.
- They aim to promote a healthy life for all their pets by preventing, educating and treating sick and injured animals with passion and compassion.
- Opportunity to perform Schedule 3 surgery with full training and support encouraged
- As the UK's leading veterinary charity, with 48 Pet Hospitals, they strive to improve pets' lives - through prevention, education and treatment.
- Every year their dedicated vet teams carry out 2.7 million treatments on 470,000 pets.
- Their national network of around 120 high street shops help us to provide these treatments through selling both donated and new goods.
- They believe that they work better together, so everyone from their vets, volunteers, shop teams and to office support colleagues - are driven into the help improve the lives of every pet.
- Salary 19,505 - 21,673 pro rata
- 37.5 Hours per week
- CPD is encouraged and self-development is actively encouraged
- Allocated CPD funding of 15 Hours
- Excellent career opportunities/development
- 5 weeks holiday per year
- Paid statutory holidays
- Travel allowance
- Life assurance 4 x annual salary
- Contributory pension scheme
- RCVS registered and qualified
- Possess the right to work in the United Kingdom.
- Excellent communication skills
- 1 years' post-grad UK experience
What happens next?
If you would like to be considered for this role, please apply with your latest CV. Alternatively, contact us to find out more details or to have a confidential discussion about this or other opportunities.
T: 0333 014 7374
Office hours are 8.30am - 7.00pm or email us outside of these hours and we will respond ASAP.
Vet Seekers act as an employment business and an employment agency for the supply of Locum and permanent staff for the veterinary industry throughout the UK and overseas.
We are sorry but applications for this job have closed.