July - 1 year contract
£23,000 - £30,000 Pro Rata
Full time / Fixed Term
We are recruiting a permanent Registered Veterinary Nurse to join small animal practice in Berkhamsted Hertfordshire on a one-year fixed maternity contract. This position is to start as soon as possilbe.
This is a full-time role working 40 hours per week with a 1:4 Saturday rota.
About the role:
The role involves all aspects of general nursing and they nurse would be expected to work across all areas of the Hospital - wards, consultations, procedures, and surgeries. There is scope to develop areas of special interest.
- The RVN will be expected to deliver an exceptional standard of clinical care
- The RVN will adhere to practice protocols and standard operating procedures
- The RV will provide support to fellow colleague where necessary
- The RVN will be expected to build excellent working relationships with clients
- The RVN will run Nurse clinics
- The RVN will be happy to become a clinical coach to a student.
- Type: Small
- Hours: Monday - Friday 40 Hours per week
- Weekends: 1:4 Saturdays
- Sole charge: None
- OOH: None
- Team: 2 Vet 2 RVN with reception team
- Consultations: 15 Minutes
- State of the at facilities and equipment
- Forward thinking professional practice
- Part of a large group of Multiple practices and Hospitals across the area
- Experienced Vet/ RVN team with certificate holding veterinary surgeons
- Well established with a large client base
- Practice sees a varied case load
- Supportive veterinary team.
- All staff are motivated and supported and encouraged to develop their skills and work towards certificates
- Experienced Nursing team with coaching experience
- Ongoing career opportunities are offered.
- On street parking
The practice provide a wide range of modern veterinary services and facilities as one would expect in a modern 1st opinion practice. This includes:
- X - Ray
- Dental Suite
- Separate waiting rooms and wards for dogs and cats
- In House Laboratory
- You will be driven and ambitious and looking to take your career to the next step and develop your clinical and skills
- You must be motivated and passionate about your work and share this and promote this ethos with other members of staff
- Clinical coach experience is advantageous but not essential
- You will be happy to become a clinical coach
- You will enjoy working as part of a team
- You will have a genuine passion for animal welfare
- You will consistently deliver a high standard of clinical care
- You will be caring, adaptable, hardworking and reliable
- You will have excellent communication and customer interfacing skills
- Salary 23,000 - 30,000 Pro Rata
- Holiday Allowance: 25 days holiday plus bank holiday
- CPD Allowance 500 with 2 days off to attend - higher budget / courses negotiable
- RCVS Fees Paid
- Workplace Pension Scheme
- Occupational Health Scheme
- Rewards: Exclusive colleague rewards including discounts with high street retailers and restaurants
- Cycle to work scheme
- Staff Discount scheme
- RCVS registered and qualified
- Possess the right to work in the United Kingdom
- Excellent customer service and communication skills
- 6 months post graduate experience
What happens next?
If you would like to be considered for this role, please apply with your latest CV. Alternatively, contact us to find out more details or to have a confidential discussion about this or other opportunities.
T: 0333 014 7374
Office hours are 8.30am - 7.00pm or email us outside of these hours and we will respond ASAP.
Vet Seekers act as an employment business and an employment agency for the supply of Locum and permanent staff for the veterinary industry throughout the UK and overseas.
We are sorry but applications for this job have closed.