6 to 12 months
£26,000 to £29,000 pro rata
Full time / Locum
Locum Veterinary Nurse - Abingdon, Oxfordshire
- Are you a qualified and RCVS registered veterinary nurse?
- Are you looking for a long term locum position in Oxfordshire?
We are recruiting on behalf of a small animal practice in Abingdon, Oxfordshire for a Locum Veterinary Nurse to provide maternity leave cover for 6 to 12 months on a fixed term basis. This role is full time for 40 hours per week over 5 days, along with 1 in 5 weekends with time off in lieu. There will be no OOH work or on-call duties. There is also the potential for this position to become permanent.
- Type: Small animal
- Hours: Full time, 40 hours per week over 5 days
- Weekends: 1 in 5 weekends
- Lieu: Time off in lieu after working a weekend
- OOH: None
- On call: N/A
About the role:
- The role will involve a variety of general nursing duties including anaesthesia, radiology, ultrasonography and in patient care
- The practice offers a flexible working pattern to support a work / life balance EG: Shifts to suit school pick ups however cover is required on Monday, Thursdays and Fridays as a minimum
- Small Animal practice
- 24hr Emergency care provider
- The practice is fully equipped with facilities including ultrasound, endoscope, dental x-ray and an in house laboratory
- The have a team of 5 Vets, 7 RVNS, 2 SVNs and a large support team
- They have a dedicate night team
- They are located close to the City centre and surrounded by local amenities
- The practice provides a high standard of care and customer service to all its patients and clients.
- The practice offer a friendly team and offer a fun and positive environment to work in
- They understand the difficulties that the vet industry can face, and they ensure that each member of staff support each other and strive each day to provide a positive and encouraging work environment
- They are for an enthusiastic and motivated RVN who work well as part of a team
- The Nurse will have great communication skills, organisational skills and have an approachable manner
- They will provide an excellent service to all clients and be able to build rapport easily
- Salary: Up to £29,000 pro rata, commensurate to experience
- Holidays: 6.6 weeks annual leave, including bank holidays and birthday off
- CPD: Generous allowance of £500 with 3 days to attend
- Memberships: RCVS and VDS fees paid
- Family friendly policies including maternity and paternity
- Private medical Insurance
- Certificate support
- Workplace pension
- Further benefits such as retail and gym
- Employee wellbeing programmes
- Ongoing learning and development platforms available - including leadership courses
- Career progression opportunities
- Cycle to work scheme
- Free uniform
- RCVS registered and qualified or soon to be
- Possess the right to work in the United Kingdom
- Have excellent verbal and written communication skills
What happens next?
CLICK APPLY NOW or if you have any pre-application questions or if this role is not quite right for you, please contact the Vet Seekers team (details below) to discuss your veterinary career aspirations further.
Please quote job reference: 34819
T: 0333 014 7374
Please note: All communications and applications are treated in the strictest confidence. When it comes to your privacy, as an ethical veterinary recruiter we do not send your details anywhere without your permission.
Vet Seekers was established in 2016 and is a multi-award-winning specialist veterinary recruitment agency (2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023) and acts as an employment business for the supply of locum and permanent staff for the veterinary industry across the UK and overseas.
Vet Seekers is fully compliant with GDPR, is ICO registered and our team are REC accredited. As a business, we take sustainability, environmental impact and our carbon footprint very seriously and have committed to plant trees for every permanent and locum veterinary superstar we find work for, as well as every referral we receive.
Refer: If this position is not for you but you know someone who could be interested, pass this advert on to them or ask them to get in contact with us. As a thank you, we will plant 50 trees on your behalf.
Thanks from the Vet Seekers team.