April to June 2024
£450 to £600 per day
Full time / Locum
Locum Mixed Animal Veterinary Surgeon - Newry, County Down
- Are you a qualified and RCVS registered veterinary surgeon?
- Are you a mixed animal vet looking for a locum opportunity in Newry for next year?
- Need accommodation and a vehicle?
We have an opportunity for a Locum Mixed Animal Veterinary Surgeon to provide cover at a practice in Newry, Northern Ireland from April to June 2024. This role is full time with a 1 in 4 weekend rota and a 1 in 4 OOH rota. Accommodation and a vehicle can be provided.
Whilst there will be small animal work during the day the Vet will need to be confident in large animal work for the OOH and weekend rota. The large animal work will involve lambings, calvings, cow caesareans, etc.
This is a progressive, forward thinking and established mixed animal practice. They see a wide variety of both small animal and large animal cases.
You will be joining 4 mixed animal vets and they also have 2 nurses for the small animal team. They are fully equipped with an in-house laboratory, digital x-ray, ultrasound, and dental station.
- Type: Large animal, equine, farm animal
- Start: April 2024
- End: June 2024
- Hours: Full time
- Weekends: 1 in 4 weekends, large animal
- OOH: 1 in 4, large animal
- Sole charge: None
- Team: 4 vets, 2 nurses and a supportive non-clinical team
- Consultations: Varied
- Accommodation: Provided
- Vehicle: Provided
- Daily rate: £350 to £600 per day, depending on experience and payment vehicle
- Payment options: Umbrella, bank contract, sole trader
- Large established mixed animal practice
- Hiring due to continual growth
- Excellent local reputation
- Offers a wide range of modern farm and small veterinary services
- Supportive and friendly practice
- Offers an excellent work-life balance
- Provides state of the art equipment
- Excellent reputation within the community
- Offers opportunity to expand clinical skill set and knowledge
- Focused on proactive healthcare and educating clients on pet health
- Friendly and motivated team in place
- Practice provides clinical freedom for personal growth and development
The practice offers a wide range of veterinary services for small animal and farm animal. They are fully equipped with a wide range of modern equipment for diagnostics and allowing for excellent patient care.
- RCVS registered and qualified or soon to be
- Possess the right to work in the United Kingdom
- Have excellent verbal and written communication skills
What happens next?
CLICK APPLY NOW or if you have any pre-application questions or if this role is not quite right for you, please contact the Vet Seekers team (details below) to discuss your veterinary career aspirations further.
Please quote job reference: 37819
T: 0333 014 7374
Please note: All communications and applications are treated in the strictest confidence. When it comes to your privacy, as an ethical veterinary recruiter we do not send your details anywhere without your permission.
Vet Seekers was established in 2016 and is a multi-award-winning specialist veterinary recruitment agency (2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023) and acts as an employment business for the supply of locum and permanent staff for the veterinary industry across the UK and overseas.
Vet Seekers is fully compliant with GDPR, is ICO registered and our team are REC accredited. As a business, we take sustainability, environmental impact and our carbon footprint very seriously and have committed to plant trees for every permanent and locum veterinary superstar we find work for, as well as every referral we receive.
Refer: If this position is not for you but you know someone who could be interested, pass this advert on to them or ask them to get in contact with us. As a thank you, we will plant 50 trees on your behalf.
Thanks from the Vet Seekers team.