Are you a Veterinary Surgeon or Veterinary Nurse looking to return back from Maternity / Sabbatical / Family / Change in career path / Personal reasons / Working abroad / Health issues?
Whatever the reason for taking a break, returning to practice can be both exciting and daunting, but we are here to help support you in sourcing the right role to match your specific criteria.
For example, if you are returning back from maternity leave it's easy to assume that everything's going to be back to normal when you return to work, but six or nine months is a long time and there may have been a lot of change at work and most of all, in your own life.
However, sometimes it may just not practical to go back into the exact same position / hours etc. E.g. your role involved working 5 days a week with OOH's and weekends on a rota basis - this may just not be feasible for you to do any more.
What to do?
- Plan what you are wanting to do at work and home. Speak with your partner if applicable, think about childcare arrangements, the financial aspects, speak with friends and family etc
- Once you have decided, speak with your current employer. You may be surprised on how forthcoming they are. Discuss what you have planned, what options they can offer you and outweigh the pros and cons of everything
- Perhaps you are feeling a little under confident being out of practice so long, well there are a number of Vet / Nurse CPD refresher courses / programmes available
- Or perhaps it may just not work out for either party for many reasons but stay positive.
- Have other options available to you, this is where we come in. Let us know what you are looking for and we will be able to provide these options for you.
Is this you?
- Due to childcare I can only work Monday and Tuesday's each week…
- I'm only looking to cover one Saturday a month, as my partner can hold the fort….
- Due to school runs, I can only work between 9.00am – 3.00pm Monday – Friday….
- I would only be able to work two nights per week, Friday and Saturday due to childcare ….
We regularly speak with vets & nurses that are looking to return back to work with specific working days / hours in mind.
If this you, we can help source you a suitable position to match your desired criteria to fit around your current circumstances.