Who Are Vet Seekers?
Vet Seekers specialise in providing a full bespoke confidential service for locum & permanent veterinary surgeons, veterinary nurses (RVN's) and support staff at all levels across the UK and Overseas. We are specialist recruiters with over 20 years proven success in the veterinary industry and we have helped 1000's of candidates find suitable positions.
Do you give out my CV or contact details?
No NEVER! We only present your details to a client after we have spoken with you and received your permission to send your CV in accordance with GDPR legislation.
What locations can you offer me work in?
Anywhere you like, as we work with 1000's of veterinary practice across the UK and overseas.
What if you are not advertising a job that suits me?
Contact one of our team, tell us what you are looking for in your next role. We will then actively source you suitable positions within a very short space of time to match your desired criteria.
What will Vet Seekers do for me?
- We will provide you with a professional and confidential executive search. service either on a locum or permanent basis across the UK and overseas
- We have access to 1000s of locum and permanent roles with both independent and larger group clients
- We can source individual roles tailored to your desired criteria
- We offer full CV feedback and assistance
- Provide you with interview guidance, market salary information etc.
- We regularly keep in touch with our progress
- We don't send your CV out anywhere, without your express permission
How do I register with Vet Seekers?
Simply apply for one of our vacancies on our jobs page LINK or click on the register tab LINK on our homepage. You can also contact one of our friendly team via email@example.com or 0333 014 7374.
What happens after I register?
We will contact you to discuss your next locum or permanent career move and we will keep you regularly updated on positions that we have sourced for you. Please note that there are many practices out there that may not be passively looking to hire, but they are generally open to speaking with the right candidates with the intention to create a suitable position.
How do I hear about new jobs?
- You can check our jobs page: LINK which has updated positions added daily.
- We also have very active social media pages, so it's worth following us on Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter for regular job updates each day.
- Set up daily or weekly job alerts to ensure the latest vacancies come directly to you.
- Join our dedicated Locum Facebook Group Page for Odd / Ad-hoc dates
What compliance do we ask for?
Prior to you commencing a new role, we will ask you to provide the following:
- ID: A valid Passport or EU ID Card, Visa if applicable
- Proof of Address: Bank Statement, Phone/Gas Bill
- Proof of National Insurance: N.I Card, P45, P60 or HMRC Tax Letter
- Certificates: Copy of your RCVS certificate and any other supporting documents
- References: Written references (preferably two)
- Skills Matrix: To show your veterinary skills / competencies
- Other details: Such as your full name, full address, date of birth, next of kin, but not limited to etc
Do I require insurance?
If you are a locum – We strongly recommend that you take out your own insurance cover, as under the RCVS code of practice all vets must have their own liability insurance, covering them to the correct level required.
You may find that some practices will cover your insurance whilst you are working for them, but you may be liable if a claim is made after completion of the locum assignment.
Do you charge a fee for this service?
Not at all, all our services are completely free to the job seeker, it is illegal for a recruitment agency to charge for finding you work.
How will I get paid?
- Vet Seekers acts as an employment business and we pay all our locums directly each Friday upon receipt of your signed timesheet and invoice if applicable (these are all provided by us).
- This guarantees that our locums are paid on time each week and veterinary practices can easily engage locums in a compliant manner without the hassle of administration.
- We offer a choice of payment methods including: Umbrella (PAYE), via a Limited company in accordance with the new IR35 changes coming into effect on the 6th April 2020 or if you are self-employed under the right circumstances we can act as an introducer where the practice, if they are happy to do so would pay you directly.
I have a payment query?
If you have any queries regarding your payment contact the accounts department on firstname.lastname@example.org or 0333 014 7374 and we will get back to you as soon as possible.
Can I register with more than one agency?
- Yes, as many as you like, though you may want to choose one or two who solely specialize in the veterinary market.
- Many of our candidates register exclusively with us, but the choice is yours.
- Working with one good agency such as Vet Seekers will ensure that you are well represented and that your CV is not scattered to everybody and anybody.
Coming from overseas?
We work with all qualified vets and nurses of all nationalities. Please refer to our blog & advice page here for more information: LINK
Do you offer a referral scheme at Vet Seekers?
Yes! We love it when our vets and nurses refer friends or colleagues to us and to say thank you, we offer a £250 holiday voucher. More details, please refer to our blog & advice page here: LINK
Where can I get more information?
Please contact our team on email@example.com or 0333 014 7374 with any more questions.